Looking for F6F Hellcat Photos or Drawings of Wing Details

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BSquared18

Airman
Jan 26, 2013
Hello,

Can anyone direct me to or download to this thread photos or detailed drawings showing straight-on views of the F6F Hellcat's wing sections where the wing fold occurs? Images of both the inner wing section and the outer one?

Preferably any photos would show the wing end details with the inner and outer wing sections separated so a straight-on view is possible.

Photos from a scale model that shows the details would be fine too.

Below is an example of what I'm looking for, but this is of an Avenger, not Hellcat.

Thanks,
Bill

TBF-Inner-Wing-Hardware-Str.jpg

Thanks. Yes, I have seen these. Not the straight-on perspective I'm looking for, but some of the best photos I've found so far. Still looking for those straight-on images.

Regards,
Bill

Thanks. The problem is that pesky outer-wing section that covers up the inner-wing section. As you can see from my photo at the start of this thread, in that case the outer-wing section has been removed. That condition isn't photographed very often, which is why I'm having a problem finding a clear view of what the inner-wing section looks like.

I would settle for detailed plans of the plane, if I could find them for free.

Below is the best image I've come up with so far. Still looking for the "holy grail" photo straight on. Keep 'em coming. Appreciate your help.

Bill

Photobucket-Entire-Image-In.jpg

Thanks everyone who contributed. Since I was unable to find exactly what I wanted, I opted to use the Avenger image (that I started this post with) to photo texture the equivalent area on the Hellcat model I'm building in SketchUp to use in X-Plane.

Below is an image of the result. The outer wing section is hidden to better show the inner section. Some tweaking will be needed, but it should suffice. It's a combination of 3D modeling of braces and holes, and the photo texture from the Avenger image, changed to grayscale in Photoshop. I had to eyeball the 3D parts since I was working off of photos shot at an angle, instead of having planes.

All in all, I'm satisfied.

Bill

X-Plane_Hellcat_Inner_Wing-.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back