Looking for information on rare RAAF photo collection

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

anzac1915

Airman
Mar 15, 2010
I am looking for anyone who can contribute any information on the RAAF photos listed in the following private collection of S/Ldr Alan Thomson DFC. Includes many images from 75 76 Squadron RAAF.

Pacific Victory Roll - Alan Thomson Collection

Names, locations, background etc. most welcome

Thanks

Mark

Mark, fantastic website and very informative - have saved in my Favourites for future reference. Am looking into one or two on the images you posted of Alan Thomsons and I'll get back with a little more, hopefully.

Thanks Nuuuuumannnn,

I see your from NZ. While the main focus of the site at the moment is the RAAF I will be expanding RNZAF content in the future include pilot bios, profiles maps etc.
Thanks for dropping in.

Mark

No worries Mark. Although I'm a Kiwi, I used to live in Australia (haven't we all at one time in our lives? :) ) and have an interest in Australian aviation, so this is very much of interest to me. The site really is interesting and I'll be going back to it every now and then. Good luck with its continuation and your research.

Just a wee start, Pic 28 shows Elco PT Boat 532. Pic 34 shows 76 Sqn P-40s, possibly at Monote, Los Negros. Pic 42 shows a Beaufighter fuselage, but where? Pic 45 shows 452 Sqn Spitfire VIIIS, possibly at Sattler. Looking into some more images.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Gives me great incentive to keep going.
The site is always looking for rare Pacific i(Allied Japanese) images to display from private collections like the Thomson Collection. Look for details on site. Images can be watermarked to protect the image will be fully credited.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back