Memorial Jump Operation Market Garden

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kingscoy

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2008
The Netherlands
www.arga-nl.nl
Hi all,
Yesterday we carried out an airborn jump again during the memorial jump to commemorate the 69th anniversary of Operation Market Garden. Shot a few nice pics from the ground....didn't had much time in the air. We jumped from UK and US C-130's, German and French C-160's.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DAACWKPP4w

Nice movie from youtube from somebody with a pretty good camera!

About 700 paratroopers were dropped yesterday exchanging parachute equipment and wings aftwards. It was again an impressive happening and I was proud to honor those men again who fought so bravely 69 years ago.

Cheers,
Sander

Attachments

• MG 21-09-2013_small.jpg
    MG 21-09-2013_small.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Great stuff Sander, thanks for posting! Wish I could have been there, and better still, on the jump.
I bought some 'memories' recently, shown below!

Attachments

• Can Jan 760.jpg
    Can Jan 760.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 152
Hi Terry,
Next year will be the biggest event ever during the 70th anniversary....more then a 1000 paratroopers will be dropped. Why not come over?

Hi Evangilder,
Yes they did a couple of passes and dropped troops with the C-47. That youtube movie starts with the very first pass of the C-47 dropping para's....still trying to get myself on board for that one!!

Cheers,
Sander

Last edited:
As it happens, I'm going to be going to Arnhem and Oosterbeek in early September next year, on my way back from the Czech Republic, when I'll be meeting with an old friend of mine who lives in Denmark (also a forum member).
I had planned to get back to the UK in time for the air show at Duxford, on September 6th and 7th, but, depending on final arrangements, I might just stay longer, and see the drop. I'll let you know, nearer the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back