My B24 ride

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

syscom3 said:
I think I could have sat in the B24 top turret, but I didnt because in the preflight briefing we were told that the only thing you will see is sky, which gets boring.

The B24 nose turret was off limits because the turret had some fragile parts to it. (even though it was nearly identicle to the rear turret which you could get in.)

I cant remember why the B17 tail and upper turrets were off limits. It could be that if they hit some turbulence, you could easily bang your head against the guns and get hurt.

If you are reffering to the Collings B17, the tail compartment was used to store equipment, and personal belongings of the traveling Collings people. The upper turret was off limits because it was too close to the planes flight controls

Thanks JHOR!

Mystery solved.

By the way, I heard plenty of complaints in my ride in the b17 and b24. They were all of the "I wanted to fly the plane" and "cant we fly a little bit longer"

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back