eBay: Nakajima J8N-1/J9Y Kikka (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
kikka.JPG

Last edited:
This is an incredible photo of Koizumi Factory of Nakajima Aircraft estimated taken after the war ended.
Koizumi Factory received air raids twice in Feb and April 1945 to be thought abandoned by the Allies but survived for the Kikka.
Awesome evidence.

Evidence that had the atoms not be split, things could have gone differently - at least for longer than envisaged, assuming fuels oils were set aside for 'the defence'.

About the 2nd picture, possibly in a diffent location (the hanger is of a standard Japanese 30/40's large hanger design.

..I'd say that the curved look of that partial airframe with scoop above a central opening and what appears to be its (or anothers) front nose section alongside with the reduction gearbox hole for the prop drive in it, would make me think very strongly of a Yokosuka R2Y1 (also this picture seems to be in google R2Y1 image searches, from a few angles with Yokosuka R2Y1 related titles/hints).
https://oldmachinepress.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/yokosuka-kugisho-r2y1-keiun/

Had things lasted longer, that engine space would have doubled quite well for an armoured self sealing central (CoG-ish) fuel tank area on the twin jetted version that could have been proposed - English language info on the B2Y2 or R2Y2 are very limited to lack of translations, hypothetical what ifs and exuberant speculations in both conceptual design and propulsive layouts specifications.

Last edited:
Kumagaya factory was a parts maker.
P1Y was also manufactured at Koizumi Factory.

I would be more grateful if you should integrate those rare photos for which you create new thread each time into one or two threads as my searching time in this forum is limited.

Thanks for your kind understanding in advance, Snautzer01.

It are separate types of aircraft Shinpachi hence the different threads. But as i value your input on these i will alert you to it with a pm with thread link, if i find something new that i think is worth noting to you.

Separate types but usually belonging to a country like Japan and a category like "Rare Photos of Japanese Aircraft" in my opinion.
Thanks for paying attention to my last post, Snautzer01 :)

Awesome pictures of the Kikka production line. Does anyone have high resolution pictures of the ones displayed or know of where to purchase some?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back