Northrop B-49 bomber schematics on 5 micro film reels (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

brandyanne23

Airman
Mar 28, 2013
So I found these and was wondering what the value or rarity of them might be thank you, the reels are blue prints for the B-49 bomber

Attachments

• reels.jpg
    reels.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 154
Original film archived blueprints with pedigree (i.e. original Northrop proprietary) are likely worth a princely sum to the right collector. Therein is the key. You need to research where these collectors might gather. Just putting them on Ebay may short shrift you.

Do you have any indication that the film archiving of the original blueprints are Northrop property?
Do they have original Northrop drawing numbers on them?
Is there an introductory configuration management document that tracks contents, changes and resultant version numbers?
Are these films complete (not likely for the whole airplane, they must be airframe, hydraulics, electrics, avionics, powerplant, fuel management, or portions thereof, etc)?

These are the types of things that collectors will assess to determine overall value.

Best of luck!

they say "Northrop Aircraft Inc" on each of the frames in the blue prints they are numbered here is a closer up photo of one of the frames its a clear as i could possibly get it, I will not know if its complete until i can view them.
20130405_140326.jpg
20130405_140322.jpg

I called the NASM today and they do not have these and requested i send them photos and possibly make a copy to donate to them before i sell them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back