Rebuilt Mossie first Flight Photo

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

oldcrowcv63

Tech Sergeant
Jan 12, 2012
Northeast North Carolina
Beautiful shot of a beautiful aircraft

Following an 8-year restoration, de Havilland Mosquito FB.26 (ZK-MOS/KA114/EG-Y), takes to the air for the first time,
September 29, 2012, near Ardmore, New Zealand.

Of nearly all-wooden construction, the speedy and versatile Mosquito served in many roles for the Royal Air Force in
World War II.

This aircraft, a Canadian-built FB.26, becomes the only flying Mosquito in the world.

(Photo by Bob Leask)

2168849.jpg

Truely a momentous moment to have a flying 'Mossie' nowerdays, I offer my wishes to all the restorers, crew and associated assistors...
May she fly in the sky where-ever for us/those airshow fans - nothing like twin Merlins (or Griffons? - if fitted).

I couple of weeks back saw my 1st AH-64 (non 'Longbow' version) flew low over my tower block towards Cosford direction (I live in B'ham/Brum, though I'm a no Brummie - an East Midlander), heard it's power (turbines) and it didn't sound alike the occasional 'Nook' that flies over my building.

Beauty! great to have a 'Mossie' back in the sky. Watching the videos posted elsewhere, and hearing those twin Merlins is just superb!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back