Romanian Air Force (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sad news today for the romanian aeronautics, Gral. Ioan di Cezare one of the very few WW2 pilots that were still alive passed away at the age of 96.

I'll add some pictures with him and his famous mounts that had the "Hai Fetito!" slogan on them. More info : WorldWar2.ro - cpt. av. (r) Ioan Dicezare

haifet2.jpg
haifet.jpg
dic5ah.jpg
DiCezare Bf-109E-3  Hai Fetito 1.jpg
DiCezare Odessa-500x500.jpg

That really sucks, thanks for the update on the news Muggs :(

Recently never before seen pictures of this specific Me 109 G-2 appeared on a german forum, a big surprise after all these years. The writing on the cowling is "Domnita" which means Little Lady.
This "White 18" was part of Grupul 7 Vanatoare attached to Udet Jagdgeschwader.

ibnPqtLHOm2rCK.jpg

i4K0MyNN9b4Jk.jpg

Two new pictures of Me 109 E-3 No. 48 "Don Pedro" abandoned on an airfield near Stalingrad

$(KGrHqVHJDUFC(tpjVh,BQvQLMeJY!~~60_32.JPG

bf109-04a-031212.jpg

The unit of which this specific A/C was part was encircled by a russian tank unit, this is an excerpt of what followed :

When Soviets broke the German and Romanian defense in November 1942 and appeared near the Karpovka airfield, where the 7th FG was stationed, Şerbănescu organized very well the defense of the airbase. His infantry experience was in that case very useful. Şerbănescu had only limited resources: FLAK guns, aircraft guns and a company of soldiers. The Romanian camouflaged positions and well leaded defense stopped Russian tank attacks on the airfield during next the 2 days! Using the Bf 109's 20 mm guns like antitank weapons on the ground was a unique case of airplane-tank duel (the airplane's tail was lifted on barrels)! On 23 November 1942 the Romanians evacuated 16 Bf 109E (3 of them were lost because they had to take off under fire and were hit). Each airplane carried two or three people. Şerbănescu had two mechanics as passengers.

Wow, Muggs your the man ! Great find :)

Me-109 White 7 in flight over Ukraine in 1943

478651_123948427769740_934262356_o.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back