Short Sunderland

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

".... I wonder what sort of meals they cooked onboard, apart from tea of course!"

It was wartime - so nothing fancy - tinned beef, tinned kippers, biscuits etc., I'm guessing :) ... but the luxury was HOT food and the ability to sit at a table and eat it ...:)

On the other hand ... in 1972 I went on a 12+ hour NORPAT mission in a Canadair Argus out of Greenwood Nova Scotia - it too had a galley and served up steaks (which we all chipped in to buy, IIRC).

MM

Attachments

• argsub.jpg
    argsub.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 105
the one time i saw a sunderland flying was over my parents house in maidenhead,i later found this was the last flying aircraft going for one last trip before being shipped to the states

Very Impressive aircraft I watched it land here in Lakeland were its based at Kermit Weeks 'Fantasy of Flight' exhibit. Think its planned to undergoe a complete restore. There appeared to be a good dose of corrosion in and out the last time I walked through it. Thanks for the cool link!

when it left the uk all those years ago[early 90's i think],they said it was being restored back then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back