Surviving Axis Aircraft (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It would be wonderful if someone had the time and money to put these wonderful aircraft back into the air.

Good site, thanks for tipping us off.

Charles

I was watching a show on History Channel I believe, that over in Germany there is a huge cave full of German planes. They were stock piled there torwards the end of the war incase the Germans needed reserves. Supposedly the planes are full of fuel, armed and ready to go. They have a few hints of where they might be, but havent pinpointed it. Anyone have a idea is this is true. Could you imagine the impact of finding this place and the possible excellent shape these planes are in. Oh, what I wouldnt do to find this place.

Some of those private owned on the site I posted will fly.

I'd rather not see the last couple or sole examples of things fly. Better left in a museum.

The site is great for Japanese stuff and Italian, otherwise I'd know where many examples are (or that they even existed).

I was watching a show on History Channel I believe, that over in Germany there is a huge cave full of German planes. They were stock piled there torwards the end of the war incase the Germans needed reserves. Supposedly the planes are full of fuel, armed and ready to go. They have a few hints of where they might be, but havent pinpointed it. Anyone have a idea is this is true. Could you imagine the impact of finding this place and the possible excellent shape these planes are in. Oh, what I wouldnt do to find this place.

Near Echterdingen there is supposed to be an underground complex with aircraft in it. The complex is flooded however, so no one has been down there for years.

Same goes for the airfield that I work at. It was a former Luftwaffe base, and there is a massive underground complex, not sure if there is anything down there though. It is flooded as well.

Near Echterdingen there is supposed to be an underground complex with aircraft in it. The complex is flooded however, so no one has been down there for years.

Same goes for the airfield that I work at. It was a former Luftwaffe base, and there is a massive underground complex, not sure if there is anything down there though. It is flooded as well.

Has there ever been talks of draining them, or even using divers to explore. Or is it just too risky to even attemt any of it.

You would figure that if that stuff was down there, someone would already have made a attempt to explore them. I would send some of those little RV's to explore.

Dozens of Japanese aircraft relics are said sleeping underground of YOKOTA Air Base in Tokyo.
That base is a USA territory. Someone please dig them out before they totally return to soil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back