Two original photo's to share

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kingscoy

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2008
The Netherlands
www.arga-nl.nl
Hi all,
Picked these two up on ebay some time ago. One of Spitfire PRIB P9331, there is an old threat on this forum discussing this a/c and there are some more pics of this Spit around on the web. The other is a late 109G with an Erla build canopy but with a normal style tail rudder.

Cheers,
Sander

Attachments

• Spitfire P9335_small.jpg
    Spitfire P9335_small.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 322
  • Me109G-6 Erla Haube_small.jpg
    Me109G-6 Erla Haube_small.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 303
Great photos, but I noticed two things about the second photo:
One, that Bf109 seems to be sitting at an odd angle...and in the background, that Luftwaffe aircraft has some odd bands on the fuselage, almost like Allied invasion strips...

I see what you mean about the angle...can't explain it though. The aircraft in the background has indeed two white bands across the fuselage but I don't think they are invasion stripes. The pilot too is dressed in all Luftwaffe gear.

Cheers,
Sander

Attachments

• Me109G-6 Erla Haube_detail.jpg
    Me109G-6 Erla Haube_detail.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 276
I betcha its a collapsed landing gear on the port side. Look at the horizontal stabilizers and the distance to the ground - one is a mere inches while the other is..... I'm guess LG collapse.

I think that could well be the reason...didnt' notice the offset stabilizers before. I'm wondering if the pilot on the pic is the one piloting this a/c....he looks quiet relaxed. It would at least have raised my heart rate/minute.

Great pic indeed. Thanks for the confirmation!!
Just wondering....can we get an ID on the Siebel on my pic? The code on the fuselage is 91.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back