Curtiss Hawk H.75A-1 and A-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WAKEN

Airman 1st Class
Jan 1, 2006
What was the max. speed for the 950hp A-1?
What was the range of the A-1?
What was the weight empty of the A-1?
Could the A-1 carry any bombs?

What was the max. speed for the 1050hp A-2?
What was the range of the A-2?
What was the weight empty of the A-2?
Could the A-2 carry any bombs?

Thanks,

Neil

Curtiss Hawk H.75A-1 :
Max. speed for the P&W R-1830-SC-G (950HP) - 487 km/h in 4 000m
Range - 1 470 km
Weight Empty - 2 095 kg

Curtiss Hawk H.75A-2 :
Max. speed for the P&W R-1830- SC3G (1 050HP) - 500 km/h in 4 060 m
Range - 1 320 km
Weight Empty - 2 095 kg

Bombs load for the either types :
10 - 20 pieces 10 - 13kg bombs or 6 pieces 25 kg bombs.

Attachments

• h75a_1_475.jpg
    h75a_1_475.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 469
  • h75a_2_375.jpg
    h75a_2_375.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 453
Hallo WAKEN !!!
According to the Polish publication TBU no.113 Curtiss Hawk A-1 couldn't carry bombs but A-2 136 kg.Besides,the first forty of all A-2 serie were equipped with A-1 R-1830-SCG engine and wings.

regards

Sorry mon captain, but your informations are not in the AJ Press publications. Thank you very much for precision to.

Hi Jarda Rankl !!!
It's very nice that the AJ-press publication come to be well-known in all the world,especially in Czech.My info is additional to yours which should be enought for Waken.Besides, the colour profiles are excelent. Well done Jarda Rankl.
Do you read in Polish?

all the best

to Wurger : I am glad you have complemented my information as the details you provided were not really featured in my resources. You are right that AJ Press books are very popular here, especially after the recent inprovement in print quality ang graphic. I buy the books in the original language, not in Czech. I have not problem reading Polish as I have been Polish books for more than thirty years now and our languages are very similar.

Jarda

Hallo Jarda !!!
Thank you for your replay.You are right our languages are very similar really.I haven't had any problem with your language too. Especially,I lived some years near Polish_Czech borderline.As I remember the Czech TV programmes have been often much better than polish.

regards

Sorry if I'm too late

but the both models, A1 and A2, had one bomb rack under each wing
mounted or not, used or not, it is another question.
total 10x 50#
wing_b10.jpg

below the wings of A1 and A2, we can see the bomb rack.
one bomb rack cover was removed.
ailes_10.jpg

Sorry if I'm too late

but the both models, A1 and A2, had one bomb rack under each wing
mounted or not, used or not, it is another question.
total 10x 50#

Yes, according to the Curtiss type description all airframes had this built-in as standard.

I am interested in all sorts of manuals and technical descriptions on the P36/Hawk 75. You have any sources?

To add to above information the Curtiss manual describes an "over-load" useful weight (1.100 kgs. - as opposed to "normal" useful load - 550 kgs.). With full tanks (165 US gls.) and a cruising speed of 200 mph. at 19.000 feet, range is quoted as 1.300 sm. for the Cyclone-powered version. With the Twin Wasp, 1.200 sm. at 17.000 feet. No reserve figures are stated.

Fred​

H75 and H75 A2 data (flight test at Buffalo, Curtiss 75 manual and Curtiss 75A2 notice sommaire Armée de l'Air)
perfor11.jpg

...................................................................................

Performances Curtiss A1, ( flight test by Armée de l'Air, notice de manoeuvre 1939)
perfor10.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back