Flying Aircraft of WWII (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There are 32 Flyable for F4U Corsair (Including F2G-1 Super Corsair)
For Corsair, there's alot F4U-4s (also -4B model) are flyable than older and newer Corsair variants today and also probably only one F2G Super Corsair flying today (F2G-1 with Race Color). Likely there will be more Corsair to be restore and to be flyable soon after dug up from South American, North American, and somewhere Pacific boneyards.

All I know that WWII aircraft are flying today and that is:

Curtiss Hawk 75A-1 (Armee de I'Air aka French Air Force)
Lockheed P-38F Lighting (Glacier Girl, the oldest P-38 flying today)
Supermarine Seafire FR. 47 (Restore, probably Seafire flying today)

There's more WWII birds are flying today and some of them are current restoring right now as well like I heard about Heinkel He-111 been recovered from Norway lake (Including Ju88 also), Finland Buffalo been recovered from Big Kali Lake in the Russian republic of Karelia, etc etc many more!

Do you know if they plan to restore the He-111 to flyable condition? The last flying one crashed a couple of years ago. It was from the CAF Arizona Wing. That one was also Franco's personal transport. It was really a CASA built 111 though.

evangilder said:
Do you know if they plan to restore the He-111 to flyable condition? The last flying one crashed a couple of years ago. It was from the CAF Arizona Wing. That one was also Franco's personal transport. It was really a CASA built 111 though.
Unsure. Some German Company raise He-111 and Ju 88 from a lake in Norway last year and they both were sent back to Germany for restore, but did not give enough detail about them (They are 1940 aircraft).

Pictures:

http://f16.parsimony.net/forum28300/messages/9130.htm

There's gotta be more pictures of He-111 and Ju88, I forgot the links of Norway and Germany online news....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back