Fokker G I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think wiki means that they came into service with both JaVA's on September 9th, 3th JaVA transferring from D.XXI to G.I and 4th JaVA starting with G.I as thair first aircraft.

Hi. I'm a new one here.

About the Fokker G-1A and -1B. Originally coming from the Netherlands, I can
tell you there NEVER were such designations!
Most considering W. Green the best informed writer, I'll tell you he was completely off on this! The Fokker distinction was Fokker G-1 (Mercury) and
Fokker G-1 (Wasp) referring to the engines fitted. So throw away the "G-1A" and "G-1B" nomenclature!

Hi. I'm a new one here.

About the Fokker G-1A and -1B. Originally coming from the Netherlands, I can
tell you there NEVER were such designations!
Most considering W. Green the best informed writer, I'll tell you he was completely off on this! The Fokker distinction was Fokker G-1 (Mercury) and
Fokker G-1 (Wasp) referring to the engines fitted. So throw away the "G-1A" and "G-1B" nomenclature!
Yep, I know, but talking A and B is much easier. And Bart van de Klaauw also uses this nomenclatur in his book about the G.1

Should've mentioned this also. There NEVER were 12 G-1s delivered to Denmark!

No G.1 (which is the official way of typing it) was delivered abroad AFAIK. The ones meant for export were confiscated by dutch authorities in 1940. The only one going abroad was the 362 which fled to the UK in 1941 and some that were used by the LW.

They (members of the press if i remember correctly) called this plane : the reaper because of it's (in those days) massive firepower.
I'm looking forward to build a 1/72 model of the Fokker GI, it's going to be my first non German plane since 1985! The last (non German plane i did) was a Saab 21. The Saab also had a twin-boom configuration, but only 1 (pusher)engine.
Thank you for the inspiration, greetings stano666 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back