Help with BF 109, II./ JG 27, Obfw. Erich Krenzke (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maccullagh

Recruit
Jul 2, 2006
Hi,

You will see this request on other sites but I require all the help I can get.

I have a photo of a crashed BF 109 F4 that other kind people have identified as possibly being Obfw. Erich Krenzke plane from II./ JG 27 .

The setting is El Adam (lybia) in 1942.

I require as much information on Obfw. Erich Krenzke, his plane and any other photos of his unit, especially a description of the colour and markings.

Any pictures of BF 109s that had crashed around El Adam or near bye in 1942 would be appreciated.

The situation at this time is that 2 have identified the plane as possibly being Erich's but information from a third indicates that the Erich had a different number.

The Werknumber for his machine was 8774.

The plot thickens.

Thanks

Regards
Rick

DerAdlerIstGelandet,

Thank you. I will supply a copy of the photograph as soon as I work out how to post it. I will try and provide a summary of all replies that I have as soon as I can.

Rick

Erich here is probably the one who will be able to get your some info. He seems to have all the info when it comes to Luftwaffe pilots. He is world of info and can probably help you.

Hi,

I have uploaded a copy of my photo that I require information about ( I hope)

Location is El Adam, Lybia 1942.

I need to identify this BF 109 and any informarion would be appreciated.

Rick

Attachments

• dadplane.jpg
    dadplane.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 606
the information if you can understand it is posted on TOCH.

the pilot was POW and crashed yellow 9, bellied in 100 % damaged/destroyed, F-4/Trop, wrk nummer 8774. He was from 6./JG 27 and was downed due to aerial combat. Second gruppe - might red or most likely yellow though the black/white photo does not show it clearly

E

Erich,

Thanks for your information and to all of the others.

I think that I have enough information from a lot of experts to conclude that the plane belonged to Obfw. Erich Krenzke .

As I am new to this could you explain what TOCH is please.

Also does anyone have information on the colours used on this plane. That is what paint codes were used.

I have this software that allows black and white photos to be coloured and would not mind having a go of colouring it.

Could anyone point me to a publication to show the marking types for this plane as it is a little different to other plane of JG 27.

The main interest is the positioning of the white fuselage band and the Gruppe bar.

Regards

Rick

I now have the service record of my father and the plane can not be of Erich Krenzke as my father was in North Africa July 1941 with a return to Australian soil of April 1942.

As Erich was shot down May 1942 the plane in the phoro can not be his.

I would like to thank all that replied to this post and I will continue the research.

Regards

Rick Maccullagh

Hi,

by coincidence I saw recently your posting from Jul 2006 re the crashed BF 109 of ObFw Erich Krenzke. I am his son. My father died in 1997.
I still have his flight log book and a Luftwaffe photo album, showing his and other BF of his wing.

If you are still interested, pls do not hesitate to contact me direct.
Horst Krenzke
e-mail: [email protected]

Hi,

by coincidence I saw recently your posting from Jul 2006 re the crashed BF 109 of ObFw Erich Krenzke. I am his son. My father died in 1997.
I still have his flight log book and a Luftwaffe photo album, showing his and other BF of his wing.

Horst Krenzke

:shock: what a chance!Wow!
I still say this forum is the best I know.
Vielen Dank Herr Krenzke für Ihre Antwort!

Hi,

Horst Krenzke

Like the rest of them I would love to see and hear more about your father's pictures and log if you get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back