Junkers Ju 52 Winter Camo??? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2004
Praga Mater Urbium
Hi everyone,

one guy on a modellers forum (http://www.finescale.com/fsm/community/forum/topic.asp?page=-1&TOPIC_ID=43125&REPLY_ID=435634#435634) asked for this:

It may not exist but I'm having trouble finding some decent references for German winter/mountain camo. Specificly, what was worn on the JU-52 in the movie,"Where Eagles Dare". It looks all white, with a sort of striated black or dark gray stripes. There is actually a web site for the movie that has one still shot of the aircraft. One can tell a little about the camo scheme, but all you see is a close up of the rear portion of the plane. I'd really like some detailed reference, like the actual stripe pattern across the wings and fuselage. Also, what are the exact colors used. Was this an actual Luftwaffe pattern, or just a movie prop. Were there other planes that wore this, or just transport craft.

Thanks for your consideration,

Jerry

So far, I've found only this for him:

Ju52_KFSThorn_prev.jpg

Skin for European Air War of Ju-52/3m of Kampffliegerschule Thorn, which might match Jerry's criteria.

Please, do you have any sources or knowledge on this? Thanks!

Cheers,
Pisis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back