Messerschmitt Bf 109 Rudder Drawings (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

AVI

Recruit
May 25, 2006
Searching for Messerschmitt Bf 109 factory engineering drawings that show the dimensions and construction of the Bf 109 metal rudder and/or photographs that show the bare metal rudder frame.

Also any photographs of the Fw 190 rudder frame as well. Thanks.

Searching for Messerschmitt Bf 109 factory engineering drawings that show the dimensions and construction of the Bf 109 metal rudder and/or photographs that show the bare metal rudder frame.

Also any photographs of the Fw 190 rudder frame as well. Thanks.
Hi, did you ever get to find those drawings? I also am looking for those bloody Rudder drawings.. 'search the links???' I could be at that all bloody day? Any luck?/

Von stiggle

Hi, did you ever get to find those drawings? I also am looking for those bloody Rudder drawings.. 'search the links???' I could be at that all bloody day? Any luck?/

Von stiggle
why should I post my stuff twice . I'm as lazy as you icould be all day looking through my pics

Von stiggle

Yes, managed to acquire copies of a complete set of the wartime factory drawings. (Expensive) I've translated them, and have done them in CAD.
The copies by themselves are not accurate without updating in CAD since many are reduced size copies of full-size originals that are sorely lacking in dimensioning. Allowing for microfilm/copy distortion and paper shrinkage, it's a job putting everything together for a complete and accurate rudder drawing, but well worth it! There's a lot of detective work involved!

Hi - its quite a coincidence that you are also working on a rudder cad project - I am also currently involved in doing the same thing but for the FW190.

More details can be found on my blog - details in my profile.

I would be interested in your progress and perhaps discuss some of the issues that you may encountered.

Hi Guys,

I am building accurate replica of bf-109 in 1:16 scale and now transferring all the factory drawings to CAD, shame many of the drawings are actually photographed and not scanned so alot of distortion indeed.
I am drawing the wings as well and would need a bit of a help on flaps/aileron systems if anyone is interested.

I hope we'll soon have a complete Bf-109 accurately redrawn in CAD.

Cheers,
Alek

What help would you need?

Hi Snautzer01,

I would need a help identifying wing sections of F and G variant. So far i have all the drawings for E variant wing but have almost nothing for F or G variant wing.
So the help i would need is any drawing, schematics or details showing F and G wing structure.
Ideal situation would be to get wing rib drawings.

Many thanks in advance,
Alek

I have been collecting drawings to do a replica 109 E and would be interested in comparing notes on your drawings set.

Yes, managed to acquire copies of a complete set of the wartime factory drawings. (Expensive) I've translated them, and have done them in CAD.
The copies by themselves are not accurate without updating in CAD since many are reduced size copies of full-size originals that are sorely lacking in dimensioning. Allowing for microfilm/copy distortion and paper shrinkage, it's a job putting everything together for a complete and accurate rudder drawing, but well worth it! There's a lot of detective work involved!

I'm a bit late considering the dates on these posts, I am working on a scratch E and wanted to see if you were interested in selling a copy (help cut your costs) ? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back