Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

US Aircraft escape Ax

Aircrew equipment Discuss US Aircraft escape Ax in the Technical forums; Originally Posted by FLYBOYJ agree! Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYBOYJ View Post
    agree!
    Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUGRD View Post
    Try Part 135 Matt
    Cargo guys. They aren't real NAS users. And don't they bash each other on the head all the time?

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if
    they made a difference in the world. But, the [U.S.]
    Marines don't have that problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Master of Duplicate Posts

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt308 View Post
    Cargo guys. They aren't real NAS users. And don't they bash each other on the head all the time?
    That's one of their more "palletable" recreational activities.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now let me correct myself Matt. I should have said PART 125- Certification and operations: Airplanes having a seating capacity of 20m or more passengers or a maximum payload capacity of 6,000 pounds or more. A funny thing happened on the way to the forum. As I was reading over part 125 I came across this statement in 125.207 Emergency equipment requirements. (a) No person may operate an airplane having a seating capacity of 20 or more passengers unless it is equiped with the following emergency equipment: (2) A crash axe carried so as to be accessible to the crew but inaccessible to passengers during normal operations. NOTE!!! this is according to the copy of the FAR's that I have at home that is dated 1990. So the "125.207" might be 125 something else.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are also still FAR required equipment on civilian airport crash trucks. Don't know if the military still carries them but I'd expect that they still do.

They make as good an ingress tool as they are an egress tool.

Der Crew Chief DerAdlerIstGelandet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Country II
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryMcL View Post
    They are also still FAR required equipment on civilian airport crash trucks. Don't know if the military still carries them but I'd expect that they still do.

They make as good an ingress tool as they are an egress tool.
    Yes as I stated in my post above they are standard issue on military aircraft (atleast US Army aircraft).

fly boy:"isnt that the first jet bomber becasue i have flown one in a flight sim before and i know how it handles"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I didn't get across what I was trying to say, Adler.

I did see your post and what I had intended to say was that I don't know if the military still carries them on crash trucks but since they are still on aircraft I'd expect that they do.

I should have written it that way to begin with. I guess the context parsed better knowing what I intended than for somebody reading it cold.

Country
    United States
    Country II
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryMcL View Post
    Sorry I didn't get across what I was trying to say, Adler.

I did see your post and what I had intended to say was that I don't know if the military still carries them on crash trucks but since they are still on aircraft I'd expect that they do.

I should have written it that way to begin with. I guess the context parsed better knowing what I intended than for somebody reading it cold.
    No worries. I was not trying to jump on your everything.

fly boy:"isnt that the first jet bomber becasue i have flown one in a flight sim before and i know how it handles"

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adler, it is also true that when adrenalin kicks in you can fit through a hole smaller than you would normaly.
    4 out of 5 voices in my head say I am normal. Majority rules.
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k9kiwi View Post
    Adler, it is also true that when adrenalin kicks in you can fit through a hole smaller than you would normaly.
    Adler, I think it must be true because I've had my foot in my mouth a few times and been accused of having my head up my arse and neither orifice is out of proportion with the rest of my body.

Country
    United States
    Country II
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUGRD View Post
    Adler, I think it must be true because I've had my foot in my mouth a few times and been accused of having my head up my arse and neither orifice is out of proportion with the rest of my body.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3