2014 Summer Forum Meet Up

Meet up?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Something we have been talking about for quite some time has been a forum meet up. We always talk about it, but never get around to doing it. Most of the time no one has time or money.

That is why we should try and plan this for a year out. That gives everyone time to commit, plan and make arrangements.

Personally I think we should meet up at an Airshow, being that this is an Aviation forum. I think it would be great to make a weekend out of it. Everyone can camp out. Airplanes by day, BBQ and beer by night.

Of course this is something that we all have to decide on together. We could do a Vegas meet up for all I care.

Lets use this thread to throw around ideas, and actually make this happen. I have started a poll with a list of ideas that pop up at the top of my head. These are not our only options. Together as a forum we should decide.

It would be tough for me to get across the country for a show. Are there any central located shows, etc that would be acceptable? Somewhere maybe Missouri or around there?

On the other hand, I have no problem if East coast members want to comisurate at the WWII Weekend!

It would be tough for me to get across the country for a show. Are there any central located shows, etc that would be acceptable? Somewhere maybe Missouri or around there?

On the other hand, I have no problem if East coast members want to comisurate at the WWII Weekend!

I would like to thr Oshkosh EAA Airventure. It is centrally located in the middle of the nation, and the largest air fest in the US.

Great idea Chris. Obviously, a bit more involved for us European members, but not impossible.
I can't make next year, as I'm committed for the anniversary of the Air Battle over the White Carpathians, in the Czech Republic, which will be a long drive from the north of England!
But maybe some other time, health and finances willing!
Been thinking of organising something similar over here, either in the UK, or northern Europe, at a suitable air show or museum (or both), perhaps.

Graugeist, if you ever do that SoCal trip, go to Camarillo, they have old WW2 birds flying out of Camarillo airport right over my house all the time, there's a B-17 and B-25 both taking up residence there. And there's a P-40C that visits quite a lot. And there's an unidentifiable WW1 era biplane that's been bugging me. lol

Ww2 Weekend is always a blast around 150 vehicles in addition to loads of aircraft, depending on what we decide could certainly be possible

Graugeist, if you ever do that SoCal trip, go to Camarillo, they have old WW2 birds flying out of Camarillo airport right over my house all the time, there's a B-17 and B-25 both taking up residence there. And there's a P-40C that visits quite a lot. And there's an unidentifiable WW1 era biplane that's been bugging me. lol
I was just by there last week, wasn't able to stop and even if I had the time, it sucks being in a wheelchair and greatly limits what I can do :/

As far as meet-ups, maybe we can select central points based on the density of the membership.

Like Airventure for east-coast members, Chino (or Camarillo) for west-coast members, Duxford or a continental airshow for European members and so on.

I just thought I'd toss that out there for what it's worth...

Dayton is a good location, so it would seem to be pretty accessable to alot of the southern, eastern and northern members for a meet-up
Hadn't thought about that. Dayton would be great. Much less of a hassle with lodging than Oshkosh with Airventure going on, and one of the best air museum's in the world. Plus we wouldn't be locked it to a date to coincide with an air show as the AF Museum is open every day except Christmas. I change my vote for Dayton, even though it's a lot farther away for me.

If Dayton doesn't really need a date - maybe we could set the same date for the West Coast so that we could have a major group meeting on the same day! maybe even get those grudgy bast@rds across the pond to do the same thing at Duxford!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back