WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt??? Yea or Nay...

WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt... Yea or Nay...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda popped into my head the other day.... I been lookin a bit and goofin around some, and came up with somethin to start with....

If anyone has a prior experience or a relative etc etc, PLEASE speak up....

As my initial inquiry was kinda basic, the cost would be around 25.00 dollars per shirt, rough figure....

We can try and get some better ideas, but heres my weak attempt just to give an idea...

First things first tho.... We need to get an idea as to how much interest is involved in this.... We're probably looking at ordering over 100 shirts, so we're talking over 1,000 dollars, so the commitment has GOT to be there....

Chime in with ideas/ADVICE or anything else....

Attachments

• zzrrrr913zz.JPG
    zzrrrr913zz.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 750
  • zzrrrr913zzz.JPG
    zzrrrr913zzz.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 817
What site did you use for the design of the shirt. I do like the When in Doubt part... :lol:

Well as you know Les, I am interested in it as we discussed in the admin thread. I think though that some things still have to be hammered about if we were to do this among the admin.

I'd get one - I can always use another t-shirt. The picture on the back is kinda huge though, in my opinion. Actually, what I think makes it look kind of poor in the picture above is the cropped white square background surrounding the rounds... if the square can be taken out, I think it'd look much better.

Its so basic it almost made me not post the pics lol.... It was just something to get the discussion started... We can definatly do something different, and I like the Poll option....

The pic idea is more expensive and I dont have the talent to make it a reality like some others here... The Minen idea just popped in my melon and I used it...

Maybe use one of the following???
Greatest Fighter Pilot...
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/polls/greatest-fighter-pilot-wwii-finalized-1397.html
Best Piston Engined Fighter...
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/polls/best-piston-engined-fighter-ever-7415.html
Best Dogfighter...
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/polls/greatest-fighter-pilot-wwii-finalized-1397.html

Comments suggestions are needed...

like your last suggestions Les. best piston job would be good as long as there is a Ta 152H ......... ~ thumbs up

Just a thought...

I thought alot of the siggy sayings are pretty good. maybe a pic with a Mods or member's saying along with it. Like Syscom3's, Adler's, etc... kinds keeps it specific to this site.

You have to be careful with copyrighted photos when using them to make shirts, even as a not for profit venture. That can get pretty nuts. I like the idea, but I was thinking of a small picture on the front with the website address and a larger graphic type depiction on the back. Similar to the way the banner is.

How about starting a thread containing pictures taken or graphics produced by the guys with a cp waiver from them then the copyright won't be a problem a vote at the end will choose the design

If you read the posts he said that was not what the T-shirt was supposed to look like. It was just to get peoples ideas rolling...

Please make sure it is a quality shirt. "Hanes Beefy T" are the best.
It sucks to order a shirt with a cool design only to find out it it's made cheap.

A non-white shirt would be prefered

I'd buy one.

I have some minimal experience doing this sort of thing, too. I drew something, took it downtown to some folks who knew what to do, and had shirts made. The time and place were about twenty years ago, in Korea; but a recent canvas for another project here in town turned up closely similar results.

That is, you don't necessarily have to buy these things in quantity. The more you do the happier your local purveyor will be, but at that you can find folks who will do very limited runs (10 or less, depending on the size of the purveyor), for a reasonable per-shirt price.

Are you accepting submissions for designs?

Eighth

I know some shopping mall firms will transfer just one image for you so as a cheap alternative it is possible to post a high res image then everyone can down load it and have their own shirts done with the same logo on and you could add your own handle to boot (just a thought)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back