Dark Blue World

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sunny91

Video Extraordinaire
Apr 2, 2005
Very good dogfight action.. good sound..

Sunny

Attachments

• dark_bleue_world.wmv
    43.9 MB · Views: 173
Yep, my favourite movie.
It was a long time dream of Zdenek Sverak, the producer and movie director, to make this movie in memory of Czech pilots serving in RAF during WW2.
Would you believe that our goverment put less money into this project than Germany???What a shame!!!!

WOW. I've never seen it. I wonder what percentage of the plane footage is CGI. It looked like they were putting a few of those old planes through some heavy moves.

more..

Sunny

Attachments

• dark_blue2_world.wmv
    12 MB · Views: 49
WOW. I've never seen it. I wonder what percentage of the plane footage is CGI. It looked like they were putting a few of those old planes through some heavy moves.

There were 2 real Spits- MkVb, from Duxford Fighter Collection, piloted by Nigel Lamb, btw the Red Bull Air Race racer, and MkVIII, piloted by Robs Lamplough, the owner of this machine.
1/6 of the footage were tricks.
B-25 was real and a lot of air to air footages were made from this machine...

Would you believe that our goverment put less money into this project than Germany???What a shame!!!!

That's pretty sad. Somebody oughta remind them that those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. And that was one past we could all do without.

Anybody know if this movie is available in the US? I just heard about it but haven't found it on DVD.

more vid..

Sunny

Attachments

• dark_blue3_world.wmv
    11.2 MB · Views: 53
Thanks guys, just never saw it before. Now to dig around.

Came through Phila a long time ago. Was at the Ritz 3 back in 2003 or so. Maybe earlier. Ritz usually shows foriegn films and this one qualified. Decent flicks too, although some that are pretty odd.

Saw "My Life as A Dog" there along with "Dark Blue World". Both movies was pretty good.

Still there. Still full of oddballs. Great place. A block away from Independence Hall and near a decent little bar.

I only went there a couple times before started hanging out at Cadillac Grill on South street. That was about 5 years ago.

Can't remember the names of the movies but they were some good ones. I'll have to see if Dark Blue shows up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back