Extreme low level flying... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Complete Fruitcake..........:shock:

(Don't think that strip complies with ICAO Annex 14 with respect to "Cleared and Graded Areas" et al!)

Hey V2, you are obviously a YouTube/Live Leak fanatic; any sign of the Buccaneer clip I mentioned in post #46?

Date would have been around 1976/7, but someone must have a copy somewhere……..:?:

Hovercraft used to call us in CYQQ Comox on Vancouver Island to transit the zone

I worked a RN Hovercraft at RAF Leuchars (EGQL), once (it was enough!) – it was supposed to come in for a refuel (gas turbine engines, of course). However, showing off, it weaved its way up the beach from the 09 end, over the sand dunes in amongst the approach lights and went aground in an impressive cloud of flying sand when it lost its 'air' as it tried to traverse a too-acute sand dune crest! It sat there teeter-tottering on the ridge like something from a Tom Jerry cartoon and promptly became an Obstruction for 3 days while the Navy dug it out. :oops:

How we laughed! :lol: I thought my trousers would never dry!

Strike Command were not impressed :evil: as Leuchars always held 'Northern Q' and used to launch about 3 or 4 times a week in those days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back