Macchis ground strafing. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

True, the one with the guncamera is sometimes firing "over the shoulder" of the MC 200 who made a lower pass, the danger of ricochet was high.:!:

What stands out to me is the anemic punch they deliver. Imagine what the ground strikes would look like from six or eight .50's.

What stands out to me is the anemic punch they deliver. Imagine what the ground strikes would look like from six or eight .50's

Agreed, 1100 rpm ( combined) against 6000 :!:

Thanks for posting this old film. I enjoyed that.
Derek

Here are MC 202 strafing, september 1942:

Translation of the italian comment:

In the sky of Egypt with the fighter squadron "Baracca". A cinematographic machine is embedded in the wing of the aeroplane piloted by Carlo Ruspoli, commander of the Squadron. The spectator will be entering in the middle of the action in company of the daredevil hunters. Flying over the desert in free hunt, looking in the sky and the on ground an enemy to attack.. The 12 fighters dive and strafe enemy advanced post. British lorries and armored cars under the burst of our hunters. The Squadron showing the Devilish horse badge same as the great ace Baracca. Celebrations for the 100th victory of the squadron, achieved after the shot down of 6 Spitfires over the egiptian soil.

Attachments

• 24-09-1942.wmv
    6.5 MB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Back