2.NJG4 AND Uffz UHLMANN

jupiter

Airman
67
1
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
2.NJG4 AND Uffz UHLMANN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys
I was wrong about my assuption about Gunther Bahr being the one to shoot down my Grandfather 28/29/7/44 over Stuttgart
With a lot of help and more research it seems like it was Uffz M,Uhlmann , can find very little on him depite the fact he had 5 kills and survived the war.
Any other info out there?
Also any info/photos of 2.NJG4 particularly 7/1944
Thanks
Pete
 
Are you sure his first name began with an "M"?

I found this - was in I./NJG 4 which would fit for 2d Staffel.

Flugbücher - Last Names beginning with U

"UHLMANN Werner: Bordschütze. Flug N°1/105. 5.1940/3.1945. IV./LG 1 (Bf 110): Liegescourt; NJG 3: Vechta, Magdeburg; I./NJG 4: Athies, Florennes, Cerfontaine, Langendiebach, Rhein-Main, Vechta."

as for NJG 4 check this site...

Nachtjagdgeschwader 4
 
Pete, I also checked and I./NJG 4 was based at Florennes in July 1944. The airfield has a website with a forum. You might post the question on there also.

Welcome to the Florennes Aviation Society

Oh and the plot thickens. Just found this. Are you sure the name is Uhlman and not Altmann?

Luftwaffe Night Fighter Combat ... - Google Book Search
 

Attachments

  • altman.jpg
    altman.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 401
Hi guys yes it was Uffz Uhlmann had that confirmed with contact with Theo Boiten , and Tony Woods combat claims
Very little out there as he only had kills
Thanks for your interest
pete
 
I believe it is Martin , my spelling might be out on the surname i have been advised it was Ullmann, though i have also seen Alltmann
Pete
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back