P-51 Mustang (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A

Anonymous

In my opinion the Mustang was the best piston powered aircraft of the secound world war.If it wasnt for the Mustang the outcome of the war may have been difrent. It was a difficult oposition for any axis plane and shot down many german and jappanese aircraft. It could also be a ground attack aircraft,it could have napalm to antiship missles. It was used also in korea and could be a forimidable opponent for even jets

reply on what you think of the P-51

This forum was created by me but my computer fouled up and didnt put my name in,sry

Viper said:
This forum was created by me but my computer fouled up and didnt put my name in,sry

the forum was created by you? all of it? :p

This is a thread.

Anywho, I agree on most of your points, but...

Do you really think the war might have been lost without the Mustang? Not sure that any single piece of weaponry could tip the balance of the whole war. But that's just me.

There is the whole "for the want of a horseshoe nail" deal, though...

my somewhat abbreviated .02

no way could the p-51 have won the war on its own. While it is impressive that it was built and designed in only 117 days, and it could outperform allot of aircraft, it came a bit late, and it couldn't have done it by it's self :silly:

evrything is just great on this websight :D

the lancaster kicks ass said:
no way could the p-51 have won the war on its own. While it is impressive that it was built and designed in only 117 days, and it could outperform allot of aircraft, it came a bit late, and it couldn't have done it by it's self :silly:

Well, of course not. But it did save the American daylight bombing offensive.

NO plane could ever win a war by its self. But your right, it did help us a lot. It was one of our most publicized planes throughout the war and still is known among people today as a great plane.

I said the outcome could be diffrent as in more bombers lost and more men killed not the whole war lost or won. I agree no plane could have won a war, sry if you took it the wrong way.

I think the spitfire and hurricane where the war winners, with out them the battle of Britain would of been won by Germany and the whole of Europe would of been in the hands of the Germans, then they could of focussed all their forces on Russia, and they may of been able to take even them out.

Then America would of been alone with the Germans on one side and the Japanese on the other. P-51 is a good fighter but I think the spit and the hurricane were the war winners.

the planes that won the battle of britain were exelent, but don't forget, the pilots "behind the weel" as it were showed emmence bravery and courage to which everyone not only in europe, but in america to owes their lives, as without them, we wouldn't be here today.

yes, i should think there should be alot of usaaf bashin, with a plane like the b-17, can you blame us? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back