P-61 Black Widow thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nothing in June of 44 Mark both the 422nd and 425th nfs were flying the anti-diver patrols against V-1's in England during July of 44 and early August before flying patrols over France later Germany

yea bout 8/9 April 45 though nothing listed for the422nd and the 425th nfs, as claims, wonder if this may have been for the 414th nfs ? am going to hav eto look now as the 415th nfs received new Widow B's in early spring of 45 and were also active now

Last edited:
Mark it appears that it was the 414th nfs they claimed a Ju 88 on the 8th and a Ju 188 on the 9th of April 45. the 414th nfs had a detachment of Widows joining the 422nd nfs and the 422nd was flying in the area of Köln and N.E. of it so the 414th was in the area. sad to say I have no microfiche for the 414th nfs and probably the reports are with NARA for the evening.

thanks for the training films NF nut, seen a couple of them before I am going to transfer your link to the other forums thread as it may gain some other interest.

thanks sket

I was given this film in the early 1990's by the 425th nfs squdron rep at the time, was for official useage only evidently not anymore

Moskito-jagd over Germany

Moskito-jagd über Deutschland

we are planning a dual language edition over 500-700 pages with 500 pics minimum. A monstrous undertaking

Just wanted to say that I'm currently working on the ancient 1/48 Monogram P-61 and it's time for someone to come out with a new kit. Closing the canopy hatch is a nightmare - the fit is horrendous and being a clear part the filling and sanding is near impossible to do well. There's a replacement canopy set that costs $35 (the kit is $18) and I would tell you to buy it if you're going to build it with the hatch closed.

Just wanted to say that I'm currently working on the ancient 1/48 Monogram P-61 and it's time for someone to come out with a new kit. Closing the canopy hatch is a nightmare - the fit is horrendous and being a clear part the filling and sanding is near impossible to do well. There's a replacement canopy set that costs $35 (the kit is $18) and I would tell you to buy it if you're going to build it with the hatch closed.

I've got a couple I plan on building later. Have you seen the Zotz decals for this model? They look really nice. On the canopy, you can build up the gap with the black sprue to get a better fit. I have a thread on one I finished some time ago. Do you have a thread on it? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back