What Aircraft Have You Helped Restore/Maintain?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Went to the Cradle of Aviation Museum today and saw my pride and joy:

20141129_140510.jpg

F-100 is way cool and is really the "Suoer Sabre." What a neat aircraft. Wish we had a few more flying.

Good on ya'.

We have an F-100 but I do NOT know the restoration plans.

I know I am dating myself a little here, but Eglin AFB used to have a number of F-100's used as drones. Doesn't seem like all that long ago--10 maybe 15 years.

Never know, ours may have come from that group. It has the orange tailfeathers and has been hit by an ait-to-air missile but, missing one horizontal stabilator, flew 45 minutes back to base and landed ... and now we have it on display. Can get pics Saturday. You might recognize it.

its not military, but am in the midst of redoing a JDT Vmax....a minimax with a 4 cylinder vw engine. and when i was young helped my dad sand dwon a piper cherokee for painting.

Attachments

• side view (Medium).JPG
    side view (Medium).JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 63
Never know, ours may have come from that group. It has the orange tailfeathers and has been hit by an ait-to-air missile but, missing one horizontal stabilator, flew 45 minutes back to base and landed ... and now we have it on display. Can get pics Saturday. You might recognize it.

Not sure, but I thought the F-100 minus a few tail feathers at PoF was one of the ones converted by Flight Systems in Mojave in the late 80's. And the missile was an AIM-120 shot over White Sands in '88. If so I doubt it was ever a drone at Eglin.

T!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back