Alternative German Fighters: Me-209, Me-309, He-100, etc. (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I love the computer generated art! From my other thread - you need to put a swept-wing -262 attacking a B-32 or a B-35!!!

Mosquito vs Heinkel He P.1078C "Wilde Sau" would be a dogfight to witness!

The Mosquito wasn't really a dogfighter, it would have been a case of the Heinkel P1078 Wilde Sau intercepting the Mosquito

These are some of my faves, all from
http://www.luft46.com/luftart.html
http://www.luft46.com/

kwlib-1.jpg

Messerschmitt "Libelle" single-seat fighter

gh162d-1.jpg

gh162d-4.jpg

gh162d-5.jpg

Gareth Hector's Heinkel He 162D

Other He-162 variants under consideration included the "He-162C", with the B-series fuselage, Heinkel-Hirth 011A engine, swept wing, and "vee" or "butterfly" tail assembly; and the "He-162D", with a similar configuration but a forward-swept wing. They were to me armed with twin MK-108 30 millimeter cannon, and a scheme was considered in which the cannon could be pivoted upward from the horizontal, allowing the fighter to fire at a bomber while flying under it.
(useful in a dogfight with a fighter as well)

The He-162C and He-162D got no farther than a half-completed prototype that could be fitted with interchangeable forward-swept or back-swept wings, discovered by the Allies when they occupied the plant at Schwechat.

The He162 is very impressive because it was so close to production; strong forward swept wings should give much improved turning ability.

kswsf-1.jpg

kswsf-2.jpg

Kyle Scott's Wesserflug P.1003/1

ds500-4.jpg

ds500-2.jpg

ds500-1.jpg

Focke-Wulf Fw 500 single seat heavy fighter "Kugelblitz"

gmvto-3.jpg

Gino Marcomini's von Braun VTO images

mz197-4.jpg

Manuel Reza's Blohm Voss BV P.197

The Blohm Voss BV P.197 features
2 jet engines buried in fuselage
Swept flying surfaces
Cockpit in nose
Option for radar
Tricycle undercarriage

Many of the features of modern jet fighters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back