Alternative German Fighters: Me-209, Me-309, He-100, etc. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And flat ;) It looks like they took a 190A, stretched the front and instead of stretching the rear fuselage section too, they just gave up and went down the pub :lol:

The wings are diferent too.

ar1411xm.png

scan-fw190d-up.jpg

The last evolution of the heinkel He-100/113, was this, the Heinkel P.1076.

Equipped with 3x 30mm, and like Arado above powered by the powerful Mercedes DB-603G of 1900 hp, coupled with 3 blade double counterrotating propellers.

The projected speed was in excess 770 Km/h. Funny thing this aircraft returned to the evaporation cooling sistem.

ao17669cc.jpg

ao17641kr.jpg

http://www.luft46.com/heinkel/hep1076.html

In late 1944, the Heinkel firm designed this project to meet a RLM specification for a fast piston-engined fighter with an good high altitude performance. Designer Siegfried Günter used the He 100 design (which briefly held the world speed record at 746.606 km/h (463 mph) on March 30, 1939) as his inspiration. The He P.1076 was thus designed to have a very smooth surface, and used a surface evaporation cooling system on the engine cowling and the entire fuselage rear section (see drawing below). The wing was slightly swept forward at 8 degrees and was constucted as a two-piece, two spar all metal structure. There were flaps on the entire wing trailing edge, with the outermost as ailerons and the inside ones as landing flaps. Three different engines were envisioned: the Daimler Benz DB 603M, Jumo 213E and Daimler Benz DB 603N (see table below). The landing gear retracted normally, the main gearinto the wing center section and the tail wheel into the rear fuselage. A single 700 liter (185 gallon) fuel tank was located in the fuselage behind the pilot's seat. The cockpit was pressurized and was supplied with a clear-vision canopy. Armament was to consist of one MK 103 30mm cannon firing through the propeller hub, and two wing-mounted MK 108 30mm cannon. Although this project did not see the light of day (although Siegfried Günter completed detailed drawings and plans for the Americans in mid-1945), it probably would have been one of the fastest piston-engined propeller aircraft ever built.
Span: 11.0 m (36' 1") Length: 9.6 m (31' 6") Max. Speed: 880 km/h (546 mph) w/ DB 603N
Note: the DB 603N engine supplied P.1076 had a longer wing span, and the Jumo 213E's length was 9.64 m (31' 7")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A diagram of the of the He P.1076
evaporation cooling system locations
Engine Take-Off Power Power w/MW50
Injection Boost
Daimler Benz DB 603M
twin supercharged 1825 HP 2100 HP
Junkers Jumo 213E
two-stage, three speed
supercharger 1750 HP 2100 HP
Daimler Benz DB 603N
two-stage twin supercharger
w/integrated heat exchange
cooler and contra-rotating
three blade VDM propellers 2750 HP N/A

I got it ¡¡¡¡ :lol: :lol:

Pictures from the proyect Messerschmitt Me-309B.

This aircraft used a laminar flow profiles a winglets and was a prototipe for aerodinamic research , but some armnament was included in the form of 4 MG-151/20E.

photo0sz.png

me30910vf.png

me309b3men8co.png

The tail seems the same as Me-262.

The 309 was not as good as was expected of it. The Bf-109G actually even outperformed it. The Gustav outturned it and with the addition of more armament the performance of the 309 dropped to unexpectable levels. Once the Fw-190 project was fully in swing the 309 was canceled.

FLYBOYJ said:
Tricycle Landing gear aircraft are easier to land, a plus for newer pilots, although they suffer when operating on soft surfaces.

Very true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back