Bf-109F-4 and a bleak time for RAF

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'd hate to rain on your parade Chinny but you freaked out already in the first thread you ever participated in on this forum, seemingly because someone didn't like the Spit as much as you.

Ofcourse its always easy to rid yourself of all accusation by claiming you love the a/c you actually hate and vice versa - only problem is I had you figured out from the beginning.

One of my aerodynamic engineer buddys says that taper angle does help in a big way for turn rate but I do not remember why - E retention? (he is out for Xmas now). Yes I do believe he said that it causes tip stall (or was it root stall?) Never heard anything about Yak3 having bad stall issues (?).

It causes tip stall Chinny, not root stall.

And about the Yak, well what have you heard about it ?

Hunter,

If that was a try at holding out a olive branch then it was a very poor one I must say. Even when trying to make peace he can't refrain from making insults and completely unfounded claims.

Hinton doesn't fly the 109 as much as Chinny assumes, and he certainly doesn't throw it around either.

But ok Chinny, no hard feelings from my part. Now lest debate the matter at hand shall we ?

Even though a tapered, or elliptical wing causes tip stall - that doesn't mean that there aren't measures you can take to produce more gentle stalling characteristics - take stall strips for example.

What about air assault :D

Does anybody know if there's a museum in the US that has a 109F?

There are several Bf-109F's that are in the United States, however none are on display at museums.

Bf-109F-4 Wr 8461
Bf-109F-4 Wr 10144
Bf-109F-4 Wr 10212
Bf-109F-4 Wr 10256
Bf-109F-4 Wr 10276

8461, 10144, and 10256 are being restored to flying condition.

These countries as well also have 109F.

Canada - 1 Bf-109F-1
1 Bf-109F-4/Z on display at the Canadian National Air Museum

France - 1 Bf-109F-1 being restored to flying condition

Finnland - 2 Bf-109F-4's both at the Finnish Airforce Museum

Belgium - 1 Bf-109F-4 being restored to be placed on display at a Museum.

England - 2 Bf-109F-4

Russia - 1 Bf-109F-4/Z being restored to flying condition

Germany - 1 Bf-109F-4 being restored to flying condition.

I can't recall being kicked of from any board for criticizing the presentations of Mike Williams... You on the other hand, we both know who we are. You run a couple of nicks on several boards, usually Morai Milo, and I won't bother to list the dozen other you parallely use. And unfortunately it is you who has been banned 3 times from two different boards for attacking my person.

Just to get things straight. You have 11 post nick, and half of your post are about attacking my person. That should be proof enough for any reasonable guy about your identity and agenda. I will waste no more characters on that.

Allright I really dont give a damn how much you guys dont like each other. Keep your fucking personal problems out of my forum. That goes for all of you. Kurfurst, Mad Max, Williams and Soren. Keep it out of this forum.

I fucking mean it. I am tired of this childish "My daddy could beat your daddy up ****!" All of you need to grow up!

A good debate is one thing, but you guys act like a bunch of children!

I don't rotate, I will my A/C off the deck :D Instruments are one thing - charts are another! I'm wary and when doing planning I take performance charts w/ a grain of salt. We've all seen numbers on charts regarding performance that just don't jive w/ reality.

A wise pilot trust nothing and no one. Always assume everybody is out to kill you, or, at the least, don't know what they are doing.

I've gone on the site - he does have a lot of knowledge and documents. Again, it's comical to see hairs split with regards to this subject matter when many so called experts have never flown a real aircraft, let alone a high performance aircraft.

I will share that laugh with you.

I could not agree more. I really think that is funny that so called "experts" have either never flown a plane (any kind for all I care) or stepped foot on a battle field whether it be in the air or on the ground.

flyboy,

Exactly. Heck I fly a cessna...big deal...150 hp vs 1300+. No way can I make
a comparison. Heck my father said the difference between the SNJ (450 HP) advanced trainer
and the Hellcat (2000hp +) was scary as heck.

I've always said the aircraft of similar time frames in WWII were pretty much on equal
footing. Most times the attackee never saw the attacker until to late. Very little had to
do with my aircraft goes 20 km/h faster than yours, my aircraft rolled better, and on and on.

Energy state and alt.(same as energy state) were much more important than any other
performance figure you can come up with. Second in line would be speed and that's only useful
to be able to disengage.

DerAdlerIstGelandet,

Sorry to have posted that stuff above. I just want folks to realize both those sites are great
for original documents, but to make your own conclusions. Again I appologize to both
named above and you.

Regards,

Adler's right, we have been behaving abit like children lately - I apologize for my pissed off attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back