Book about WWII Naval Pilot

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

webhistory

Recruit
Mar 15, 2008
In 2004 I was fortunate to meet a man, Lynn R. Forshee, who had enlisted in the Navy in 1940 and became a pilot. He wrote a book about his experiences and self-published it. It's called "Standby, Mark" in reference to what the bombardier would call out during a steep dive when it was time to pull out of the dive.

His stories were so fascinating that I asked to see the book. I found it a great read. I asked him if I could place this book on the web so others could see it. He agreed. It's at Standby,* Mark - A Book by Lynn Forshee

Lynn has since passed away, and I have no financial interest in this. But I would like others to have a chance to read his story.

My question -- what is a good way to find others who might be interested in this brief book?

Well, I guess posting here is a good idea! Thanks bud! :D

I know of some other internet communities that might be interested in this. would you like me to post some links to this topic? (may I?)

Well, I guess posting here is a good idea! Thanks bud! :D

I know of some other internet communities that might be interested in this. would you like me to post some links to this topic? (may I?)

That would be great. Lynn's book site has no ads and is not selling anything. It just has his book about his WWII experiences.

Thanks very much for offering to post some links to this topic.

Jim

Getting positive reactions on this. A lot of people have bookmarked the "book".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back