Does anyone know?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kerry Brenstuhl

Recruit
Mar 5, 2008
I saw some pics posted of the TA 152 at NASM a few years back. Does anyone know if there has been any progress on it? I am going to build a 1/32 example from Jerry Rutman and I am looking for a good example to build. Any help would be emmensly appreciated.

G'day Kerry, Welcome aboard!

I don't know myself if anything's being done on it, last I heard they were still working on the Arado Ar 234.

If they have a web site, maybe they have a 'current projects' page, like the RNZAF museum does.

Evan

Thanks for the welcome Evan, I have seen the web site and there wasn't anything there I could tell. Maybe I'll give 'em a call. Cheers!

Kerry

G'day Kerry, Welcome aboard!

I don't know myself if anything's being done on it, last I heard they were still working on the Arado Ar 234.

If they have a web site, maybe they have a 'current projects' page, like the RNZAF museum does.

Evan

The Arado is on display. I have seen it there personally.

Yeap found them right here. I took these pics back in 2005 when me and my wife went to Washington DC when I got back from Iraq.

The pics are rather dark because my digital camera at the time was not very good.

Here is also a link to the thread I had started about it with more pictures (I actually need to revive the thread and post all the pics that I have taken, they are not all in the thread):

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/smithsonian-national-air-space-museum-789.html

Attachments

• arado_196.jpg
    arado_196.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 88
  • arado2_160.jpg
    arado2_160.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 91
Thanks for the welcome Evan, I have seen the web site and there wasn't anything there I could tell. Maybe I'll give 'em a call. Cheers!

Kerry

Yeah, I don't think they've updated they're website in a while, they've still got older pictures from around 2000 when it was still in pieces and they had just gotten started on it. However, while browsing the internet, I came across this guy's website; apparently, he was allowed access to the restoration area of the Smithsonian and took pictures of the Ta 152 in 2005. Go here for some good pictures of the Ta 152 undergoing restoration:

index

Gentlemen,
Thanks a bunch for your help and input. I'm a big DoraFan. I might try getting in to see the TA 152 at NASM in June when I'm up in the DC area.

Adler, thanks mate! She looks great!
She was already finished in 2005? I AM behind the times..!

Hope they get onto the Horten IX soon, or the BV155 V3, or the TA 152....

And Kerry, I'm a big Fw 190 fan too, be nice to see any pics you could get!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back