The What is it? Game (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Whats the propeller made of?

My next guess is a gladiator or Bristol Bulldog? Jeezz...I'm bad.

Its not a Bristol or Gloster product (Bulldog and Gladiator are bi-planes, remember, this one is a mono)

If I remember correctly, the prop is metal (I'm at work and the main pic is on my home computer., so I cant confirm until around 16:30 local time. Incidentaly, I took the piccie in the States )

Errr yeah forgot about the monoplane part. Hmmmm since I'm gonna be in the car for a bit I'll look through some books.

Thanks

A few more clues

Its an open cockpit fighter

If the Spitfire was shark like in appearance...this is the exact opposite

Yup...spot on.

It is indeed the little Polikarpov I-16. Taken at the CAF Airsho in 2008.

Your turn

Attachments

• caf08.jpg
    caf08.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 482
The winner posts the next piccie for us to puzzle over.

Pick a small area .... like I did...of a shot you've taken but not big enough that we see the whole plane, then sit back and watch us squirm trying to figure out what it is.

Remember, must be a picture you have taken !

Prop boss on a Grumman .....one of those things! Not allowed to utter the word or type it, but it's got a feline title, was a naval fighter, used by the US and Britain.

Darn... you guessed that fast.

Anyone going to ID the model?

Terry has an afliction....he cant spell Whiskey, India, Lima, Delta, Charlie, Alpha, Tango. He's undergoing treatment so one-day !.

Okay, okay, you guys got it right, it's a photo of a Wildcat taken at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C.

Attachments

• IMG_3905 Small.png
    IMG_3905 Small.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 413
Terry's go now then.

Is it another Wildcat an F4F-4 this time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back