Greek Military Divers Raise Wreckage of German World War II Stuka Bomber From the Sea (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pic on Grandpa's post looks like the wing of a bomber or transport aircraft of some type. Early war possible, maybe in the 30s. Short engine cowling would indicate only a single row radial. At or under 1000hp. Two blade props were pretty much done by early war. At least as a design standard for anything other than a trainer.

As there is no location posted on the pic, it could be from the Pacific as much as the Med.

3 yrs ago, it was a Ju 52 found in the Aegean near the island of Leros.It was carrying paratroopers
More info:
Hellenic Air Force Museum - JUNKERS-52/3m recovery

Pic on Grandpa's post looks like the wing of a bomber or transport aircraft of some type. Early war possible, maybe in the 30s. Short engine cowling would indicate only a single row radial. At or under 1000hp. Two blade props were pretty much done by early war. At least as a design standard for anything other than a trainer.

As there is no location posted on the pic, it could be from the Pacific as much as the Med.

No there is a thread allready dedicated to the picture of Granpas post. That is what I said in the post above yours.

It is a Ju-52 that was found off the coast of Poland and raised recently.

I agree with doigenis, i think its the ju52 raised in leros, grampas pic and the pics from leros look very similar. The colour of the sea also looks very mediterranean. (open to be corrected)

No there is a thread allready dedicated to the picture of Granpas post. That is what I said in the post above yours.

It is a Ju-52 that was found off the coast of Poland and raised recently.

Saw the pic later. Missed the post. But, I guess I guessed right. :)

Pity it can't be restored but understandable.

If someone had the money and was brave enought to break it up it could provide valuable parts for an exact duplicate to be built.

You could not use parts from this aircraft to rebuild another. The salt water has destroyed everything that could have been of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back