Horten Ho-IX Gotha Go 229 o Ho 229. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Horten Ho 229 cockpit mockup
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Throttle quadrant
Here's a good example of why I simply *must* do this project! Arthur Bentley kindly sent me scans of all the original German production drawings of the cockpit area. The Ho 229 is one of the few German aircraft from WWII where the original drawings survived. Most were destroyed as the allies advanced unfortunately.
So, the throttle box. I had some good photos of this, here's an example

I started on a more or less rectangular box in Autocad, but then I got the drawings from Arthur, turns out the shape is a trapezoid
[/URL
[URL=http://img231.imageshack.us/i/hortenhoixgothago229.gif/]

Horten Ho 229 cockpit mockup: Throttle quadrant
Salud.

Great photos drawings, thanks a lot :)

Could you please translate this:
Con la tecnología Horten se fabricaron en USA los solo ala voladora de Northrop XB-35 / YB-35

With the Horten technology they made in the USA the single flying wing of Northrop XB-35/YB-35

copy and paste into microsoft word....and have it translate for you...it works pretty slick!!

With the Horten technology they made in the USA the single flying wing of Northrop XB-35/YB-35

Not true - Northrop was working on his flying wings at the same time the Horten Brothers were building theirs. Although the Hortens got a recip powered flying wing in the air first, Northrop was the first to build combat flying wing aircraft (B-35, P-79 and P-56). The MX-324 actually flew before the Horten H IX.

well too...just because it is in print doesnt make it true... lets find out where he got it..

Juan, ¿De dónde usted consiguió la información para su poste aquí?

The F-117 really hasn't anything to do with the Horton Brother's design and if anything, is more along the lines of Dr. Lippisch's designs, like the Me163.

Lippisch used to incorporate a vertical stabilizer in his aircraft where the Hortons did not.

The F-117 really hasn't anything to do with the Horton Brother's design and if anything, is more along the lines of Dr. Lippisch's designs, like the Me163.

Lippisch used to incorporate a vertical stabilizer in his aircraft where the Hortons did not.

Actually the F-117 has nothing to do with either. "Method of Edge Waves in the Physical Theory of Diffraction" by Petr Yakovlevich Ufimtsev.

well too...just because it is in print doesnt make it true... lets find out where he got it..

Juan, ¿De dónde usted consiguió la información para su poste aquí?

See:
Northrop N-1M - research aircraft

and:
Northrop N-9M - research aircraft

and:
Northrop XP-56 Black Bullet - research aircraft

and:
Northrop XP-79B Flying Ram - research aircraft

If old Jack was stealing Horten technology he was a lot trickier than he he is given credit for.

Just where did he hide that time machine:lol:

Actually the F-117 has nothing to do with either. "Method of Edge Waves in the Physical Theory of Diffraction" by Petr Yakovlevich Ufimtsev.
Agreed...there is more of a similarity to the Komet than the Ho-IX, but that's where it ends, just a similarity.

Jack Northrop was inspired by the Horton Brother's prewar wing projects, but his designs were his own. It is too bad what happened between Convair and Northrop, it would have been interesting to see where the (Y)B-49 and it's technology would have taken aviation back then.

Jack Northrop was inspired by the Horton Brother's prewar wing projects, but his designs were his own.

See: the first Northrop flying wing

While the 1929 design may not have been a true flying wing it seems Jack Northrop didn't need much inspiration from anybody else. He did need help in getting "inspiration" to actually work.

Of course even Jack Northrop didn't have an exclusive on flying wing type aircraft (or at least lifting bodies).

See: Pictorial Chronology of Burnelli Aircraft that were built

and:

www.aircrash.org.org/Burnelli- Cunliffe-Owen Clyde Clipper OA-1

copy and paste into microsoft word....and have it translate for you...it works pretty slick!!

Not so fast, bobby :)

I've used the Google translate and the translation was going in that direction (= Nothrop was using Horten's technology etc. - not true as we know it), so I've asked juanjose to provide exact translation, before I throw rotten tomatoes at that particular sentence :D

Not so fast, bobby :)

I've used the Google translate and the translation was going in that direction (= Nothrop was using Horten's technology etc. - not true as we know it), so I've asked juanjose to provide exact translation, before I throw rotten tomatoes at that particular sentence :D

i'm agree with bobby translation (and w/o using web translation, castellano it's enough near to my langauge to, commonly, understand the writed)

7.jpg

England's distinguished G.T.R. Hill designed this Westland-Hill Pterodactyl Mk. IA in 1928. This experimental tailless monoplane had pivoted wing tips that served as both ailerons and elevators and that remained effective regardless of the airplane's attitude.

from Flying wings in Europe between the wars
which shows many other flying wings besides what is posted above.

You know that is not the truth, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back