How to make a business - pic of Willi Reschke (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
Hello,

someone printed out my picture I took during our visit of W.R., sent it to him, asked him for the signature and now is ofering it in the auction Willi Reschke,LW,RK,foto,podpis (649314920) - Aukro - Aukce OnLine for 350 CZK (about 19 bucks)!
I found it out on Monday and got in touch with the offerer the same day. He bought this signed pic from Mr. B. from Litvinov (a Czech town).
I sent this link to W.R.´s son and am gonna send a letter to W.R. as well.
If someone printed it out, sent it to W.R. for a signature and then kept it for himself at home I wouldn´t have any problem with it. But this I call heynaism.
Someone just printed it out fom here http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/av...joe-owsianik-meeting-after-63-years-9298.html
My fault, I was too naive...since now I´ll mark all my pics posted on different forums.

Last edited:
yes, as I said, I was to naive. I put the pics in full (!) resolution on web without any mark, signature or copyright...my lesson for the future...
But the worst thing on it is, that some 'historian' sent it to veteran, asked him for his signature, and then tried to make money on it- for me- unbelievable...

B@stards! That is low! Sorry to hear Seesul. I hope this doesn't ruin your relationship with WR.

I looked at the auction site, and I'll be danged if I can read that! :lol:

However most sites, like ebay, have a strong policy regarding sellers and thier items they are selling. If the item is stolen, fraudulent or along those lines, they want to know about it and will deal with the seller swiftly.

Sorry to heat about this Roman, and I'm glad it hasn't affected your relationship with Willi.
Personally, I think it is disgusting that someone should do such a thing just for money, with no thought, or care about history. I'm guessing Herr Reischke thought he was doing a favour for a genuine, interested historian or enthusiast. Unfortunately, it is this type of action which makes veterans reticent, in the future, to correspond or talk to genuine reserachers, thereby leading to some areas of historic detail being retained to the grave, denying many, many others from adding to their knowledge of important episodes in history.
I hope the perpetrator is duly banned from selling his 'wares' for pure profit, and that the company concerned are able to prevent this, even if only marginally, in the future.

Roman not to set you off but you may want to look into the legal issues here. there is no proof that the seller will not have copies made and do up another sale lets say in 6 months or so

E `

I am sorry this happened Roman.

That is why I have not posted my autographed pic of Willi Reschke that you were able to have him sign for me. It is not worth things like this happening. Even though I doubt someone will print an already autographed pic and then try and sell it, but then again you never know.

I am sorry this happened Roman.

That is why I have not posted my autographed pic of Willi Reschke that you were able to have him sign for me. It is not worth things like this happening. Even though I doubt someone will print an already autographed pic and then try and sell it, but then again you never know.

From this reason Chris I always ask a veteran for a dediciation to me written on the photo as 'to Roman'.
Then I can post it and its harder to misuse it.
You got a dedication for you on you pic as well, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back