Identification of wreck - german airplane? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

offshore

Recruit
Nov 22, 2014
Recently I found in the Baltic Sea some object. In the beginning I thought it's a remain of kriegsmarine raumboot, that suppose to sink in that area, as there is quite a lot of aluminium parts ( raumboots were made of aluminium). But now it seems to me that it is rather remain of some airplane rather than ship.
Look at the movie that was made on the first scuba diving to this wreck:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chGEXFStu7c
The quality of the move is quite bad ( I wasn't the cameraman) but anyhow something can be seen: aluminium frames,aluminium plates, and one very interesting object from 2min43sec : a rubber coated ''something'', kind of dome with the hole on its top.I was really surprised whet I touch it i found to be rubber coated material.recently I found that maybe this is the remain of the airplane, and the rubber - coated dome it is self sealing rubber coated fuel tank :
Bf109Ehandbuch_fuel_tank_weldedalu_rubbercoating_viaGGH.jpg

from the wreck i picked up one object - kind of electric wires support, made of isolator - german prestof, with german inscription on it :
element.jpg

element2.jpg

That is why I think it can be german airplane.

Could you examine the lettering closely and post up?

Could you examine the lettering closely and post up?
1st line: serial number? ?8?8899-3182a
2nd line: C.Pfestorf Tamb. Dieth.
3rd line: Presstoff Typ T2 DIN 7761
Most probably it is company : Firma Carl Pfestorf in Tambach Dietharz , from 1940 was producing material called ''Presstoff'' More about the company in the link:
Albert Gieseler -- Carl Pfestorf, Ölfabrik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back