Incredible Mustang model. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's the C of G indicator marker, first used on the 'C' model when the fuselage tank was introduced, and of course to 'B's' retrofitted with the tank.

The first production fuselage tank was installed by Engineering Change order which applied to the 251st P-51B-5NA which became a block change P-51B-7NA. IIRC the same ECO applied to the P-51C-5NT at the same time

All P-51B-1NA, -1NT and the first 250 P-51B-5NA were retrofitted in the field in ETO and MTO. Some RAF Mustang IIIs did not retrofit

Thanks for the clarification Bill - I can never remember, off the top of my head, at which Block the first tanks were fitted, and always seem to think it started with the 'C' model first.

what attention to detail! the time in planning, and calculatiions must have been huge...and that is before fabrication begins. wow....

I wonder how many thousands of hours went into the designing and building of that model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back