Lockheed (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rogerwilko

Airman 1st Class
Mar 5, 2009
Didn't realize one of our famous prime ministers flew in these as navigator and bomb aimer. He died today aged 98. Not a bad run! Gough Whitlam was his name. R.I.P.
1024px-Ventura_LOC_8e01506u_zps85bf00a3.jpg

Didn't realize one of our famous prime ministers flew in these as navigator and bomb aimer. He died today aged 98. Not a bad run! Gough Whitlam was his name. R.I.P.
1024px-Ventura_LOC_8e01506u_zps85bf00a3.jpg

Apparently he was flying in SF-S A59-70 Milne Bay - The Turning Point by Robert Taylor | Ltd Edition Military Art

patrolling-the-top-end_zpsef5f8974.gif

A lockheed Ventura belonging to 13 Squadron RAAF, navigated by Flight Lieutenant Gough Whitlam, over the northern coastline near Darwin after a martime reconnaissance to search out and destroy Japanese ships and submarines operating in the seas to the noth of Australia.

Other Venturas of 13 Sqn:

raaf_148_zpsf0fd2a52.gif

13SqnRAAFcomb_zps2414b1c3.gif

With all above. I wish that more of our modern politicians had served in the military rather than being professional politicos.

Rest in peace, Mr Whitlam, and thank you for your service to protect our freedoms.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back