Martin Baltimore (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had assumed that my photo shows a 223 Sqn Baltimore and the X was a Squadron designation. As you can see one of the examples of the markings below is a 223 Sqn aircraft and the X is also an option.
The decals in this kit provide markings for four examples:

• Baltimore, FW418, 13 Sqn, RAF
  • Baltimore, FW287, 55 Sqn, RAF, Celina, Italy, 1944
  • Baltimore, FA564, Coastal Command
  • Baltimore, AG724, 223 Sqn, RAF, 1942

Attachments

• ca_4139_decals.jpg
    ca_4139_decals.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 146
I see. But I have seen a couple of other pictures of Baltomores marked with the "X" while being of different serials but belonged to different squadrons.Anyway the bombers used in the North Africa / the MTO, didn't wear a squadron code letters that consisted of two signs but not of one. If your assuming would be correct , all kites of the 223 Squadron had to wear the same letter at the same time. But there are other images of different Baltimores that were marked with different code letters. For instance the AG724.

Baltimore AG724 223Sqd.jpg

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can confirm that this is a Martin Baltimore? The photo was taken in North Africa in 1943 I believe.
Peter, from the Sqn ORB I can confirm this is Baltimore AG714 "X" of 203 Sqn. I've been researching my father's time on the Sqn, albeit brief, as he crashed in AG749 on 15 Oct 1942. He and two others survived but sadly the wireless op died. The aircraft burst into flames on crashing. I can't identify your crew though but in Oct 42 Sqn Ldr Slaughter flew X quite often with his crew of P/O Currie, Sgt Levitt and Sgt Curtis. Somewhere to start hopefully - good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back