Which was the best night fighter? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How do you know what it was or was not designed to do and whether or not it was a result of failure of the laminate? this was a very experienced pilot who had far more experience flying this type than yourself—a fighter aircraft designed for violent manoeuvres. 77 years after the incident, we have no more information than would have been available to the "Court of Inquiry" of the incident.

Jim
It was a light bomber converted to other used not designed for high G fighter type turns, every crash at an air show is by a highly skilled pilot. A lot of pilots were lost in that era "beating" things up.

I guess we agree to disagree then. My point remains: you don't know and I don't know.
We do know.
That Do17Z (WkNmr. 2361) F1+FH of 1./KG76, that fell on Victoria Station on 15 September 1940, was impacted by a Hurricane flown by Sgt. Holmes, sending the damaged and abandoned Dornier into a spin, severing it's rear fuselage and outter wings.

We do know.
That Do17Z (WkNmr. 2361) F1+FH of 1./KG76, that fell on Victoria Station on 15 September 1940, was impacted by a Hurricane flown by Sgt. Holmes, sending the damaged and abandoned Dornier into a spin, severing it's rear fuselage and outter wings.
I think JDCAVE was talking about the Mosquito.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back