Recon flight by No. 544 Sqdn. in May 44 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RAF_Loke

Airman
Feb 25, 2004
Bornholm
www.balbogallery.com
I have access to some recon-photos taken by No. 544 squadron in May 1944.
The pictures taken is of German radar installations and and other sites of military interest on the island of Bornholm.
I know that the Squadron used the following aircrafts...

Sept 1943 to Mar 1945 Mosquito PR IX
Mar 1944 to Aug 1945 Mosquito PR XVI
Mar 1944 to Aug 1945 Mosquito PR 32

at that time.

Any one know where I might can find info that hopefully can lead me to know which plane actually took those pictures also plane type, crew, date and even a sortie report?

Cheers

Hello Loke
The ORB of 544 Sqn should give that info, at least the ORBs of 540 Sqn from years 1942-43 gives the names of the crew and serial number of the a/c for every sorties flown. The sqns' ORBs can be read at the microfilm reading room at NA at Kew, London. If you don't want to visit London, You can order copies of them from their site.

Juha

I have access to some recon-photos taken by No. 544 squadron in May 1944.
The pictures taken is of German radar installations and and other sites of military interest on the island of Bornholm.
I know that the Squadron used the following aircrafts...

Sept 1943 to Mar 1945 Mosquito PR IX
Mar 1944 to Aug 1945 Mosquito PR XVI
Mar 1944 to Aug 1945 Mosquito PR 32

at that time.

Any one know where I might can find info that hopefully can lead me to know which plane actually took those pictures also plane type, crew, date and even a sortie report?

Cheers

The squadron ORB should have some info. Try to track down Andy Saunders on the web - I believe he researches the PR squadrons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back