Reference Booklet (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks ass

Major General
Dec 20, 2003
i dunno if this's the right place to post this but here goes, i've tried to make it sound more aviationiny, see if you can spot how...........

So, in 2005 the lanc issued a specification for an information bookled containing one A4 page on all major combat aircraft of the second world war, the page containing a picture, hopefully a 3-view some stats and some info, just as a guide for the infamous lanc more than anything, well, as the only one to put forward an aplication, i'm declaring myself the winner, and this's my prototype page, any feedback would be great it's not intended to be hugely definitive i just wanna know what you think of the layout, the stats included, will the idea work? anything i've missed??

Attachments

• prototype_page_162.doc
    408 KB · Views: 114
Lanc narrow the font size and reduce. also the raids seem to be a bit out of chronological order eh ? 14 March 45 and then back to March of 43.

It's good. However, I do think you should decrease font size to include more combat history (as has been mentioned), put the operations in chronological order (mentioned) and replaced the users with pure country users. So, "Great Britain, Canada, Australia, France ... " etc. as opposed to "RAF, RCAF ..." etc.

thanks for the feedback guys i'm working on it now, i've also almost completed the second prototype, the Airspeed Horsa page......

right, this's the second and final prototype, same idea again suggest any improvements you'd like to see, and also if you could help me out with their first operational use, the book i was using said that the raid to Sicily mantioned in the document was their first SIGNIFICANT use, which possibly means they were used operationally before then? thanks..........

Attachments

• airspeed_horsa_116.doc
    103 KB · Views: 69
it's a fair enough point, i've decided after looking at it that the stats look better left aligned, but i've justified the information........

thanks for the feedback guys, i'm hoping CC will help me out with the italian and Russian planes, well any of you can help if you want!it'll take ages otherwise.............

right, this's the second and final prototype, same idea again suggest any improvements you'd like to see, and also if you could help me out with their first operational use, the book i was using said that the raid to Sicily mantioned in the document was their first SIGNIFICANT use, which possibly means they were used operationally before then? thanks..........

Hi, bit of a long shot I know, given the age of your post but I am trying to get the three view images of the Horsa like you have in this document.

I have tried copying the image in the doc but it doesn't allow me to paste it anywhere except another word doc.

Is it possible that you have these images stored in a jpg file or similar?

Many thanks

K J Evans. :?:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back