Rising Sun warbirds (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aggie08

Staff Sergeant
Apr 15, 2005
Texas
What I've realized about this site is that there is seemingly no one defends Japanese planes when they get bashed, I do it too. A very negative spin is put on them because of this and I was wondering if anyone would care to put down their unbiased opinion on the strengths and weaknesses of these birds. There are so many members from around the globe and everyone tends to back up their own country's machines. It's just that no one talks about these planes much. I'm just looking for a good discussion, what do you think?

If you look further back through the site history you'll find that A) We once had a Japanese member and B) It wasn't until recently that Japanese planes have been "bashed".

We all recognise the strength's and weakness' of Japanese planes. I think it was well discussed in the A6M2 vs. Spitfire IIA discussion, actually.

Dead Parrot was Japanese, or at least his little flag thing said so. I shouldn't believe that since yours states you're Italian - and you're about as Italian as the Pope is Polish.

:lol:

yes we will defend a jap plane if it is for example the better plane in a comparison, but there is no point in defending it if there is nothing to defend...........

plan_D said:
If you look further back through the site history you'll find that A) We once had a Japanese member and B) It wasn't until recently that Japanese planes have been "bashed".

We all recognise the strength's and weakness' of Japanese planes. I think it was well discussed in the A6M2 vs. Spitfire IIA discussion, actually.

I've been on the forum for a few months and I didn't see anything positive about them, I'll take a look at that discussion.

Dmitri is a Russian name :lol: On the front of those books, Dmitri Khazunov. Id never consider it an Italian name.

Shall we call you DD from now on? :lol:

Here's a little contribution to this thread from a British pilot in Burma -

He says that on the 15th January, 1944 "...we met them in equal strength and had a field day." - Gordon Conway.

Some flaws in the Japanese aviation; they generally attacked landing grounds as opposed to lines of communication. They fought individually. They had no armour. They never used cloud cover. They received no instruction when landing blind. They had no air-to-ground communication.

Aggie08 said:
plan_D said:

I've been on the forum for a few months and I didn't see anything positive about them, I'll take a look at that discussion.

We are not going to say somethign positive just to say soemthing positive. Thats like praising the Fiesler Storch as the greatest fighter plane to see service in WW2. :lol: We give credit where it is due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back