SS controlled Luftwaffe unit z.b.V.7

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kiwikid

Airman 1st Class
Oct 25, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
Ergänzungsstaffel Erg.Sta./Fl.G.zbV 7 was formed 1.11.42, and was based at Deutsch Brod, near Berlin.

In July 1942 the SS formed it's own unit within the Luftwaffe called Fleigergruppe z.b.V.7. This Gruppe reported directly to Reichsführer SS Himmler, and was controlled by 6 Verbindungsstaffeln der Waffen-SS und der Polizei (Staffeln 1. thru 6./Fl.Gr.zbV 7).

It's first commander is unknown to me, but later in December 1943 it was headed by Obstlt Heinz Heinsius.

On 29th February 1944 it was renamed Fliegergeschwader zbV 7, including:

• Stab/Fl.G.zbV 7 (derived from Stab/Fl.Gr.zbV 7)
  • 1./Fl.G.zbV 7 from 1./Fl.Gr.zbV 7
  • 2./Fl.G.zbV 7 from 2./Fl.Gr.zbV 7
  • 3./Fl.G.zbV 7 from 3./Fl.Gr.zbV 7
  • 4./Fl.G.zbV 7 from 4./Fl.Gr.zbV 7
  • 5./Fl.G.zbV 7 from 5./Fl.Gr.zbV 7
  • 6./Fl.G.zbV 7 from 6./Fl.Gr.zbV 7
  • 7./Fl.G.zbV 7
  • Erg.Sta./Fl.G.zbV 7 (derived from Erg.Sta./Fl.Gr.zbV 7)

This unit was Disbanded 10th January 1945. I wonder if anyone here could enlighten me further what aircraft were flown by these various SS units and what types of missions they flew please ?

name only Kiwi, suppose to be under total LW control but we do know that each W-SS Panzer division had a small Luftwaffe component flown by LW pilots to transport "official big boy SS" Offiziers to and from the front and to important places of interest. the Germans were always real big on Propaganda ploys ........... possibility to throw the Allies off ?

Merry Christmas to you as well ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back