What can be found about the B-17 "Murder Inc". (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fold3 Orville L. Castle Crew.jpg - Fold3

B-17G-15-DL, 42-37817 Aristocrap

1657877803699.png

My grandfather was the bombardier and owner of the infamous Murder Inc. jacket. The jacket is currently in storage in Chantilly Virginia for the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum

The Murder Inc was a B17. It was part of the 510th Bomb Squadron and was the 351st Bomb Group. It did not have nose art painted on it. Of the crew only my grandfather had time to have Murder Inc painted on his jacket.

My grandfather was the bombardier and owner of the infamous Murder Inc. jacket. The jacket is currently in storage in Chantilly Virginia for the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum

The Murder Inc was a B17. It was part of the 510th Bomb Squadron and was the 351st Bomb Group. It did not have nose art painted on it. Of the crew only my grandfather had time to have Murder Inc painted on his jacket.
Yes welcome! If you have any pictures or stories to share please do!

Thanks for posting about your grandfather. My uncle was the pilot assigned to "Murder Inc" and was killed that day flying "Aristocrap" over Bremen Germany. Here is a link to the narrative I have on my website that includes your grandfather's account of what happened on November 26, 1943.

Excellent story. I can see Steve McQueen playing the lead.

Thanks for posting about your grandfather. My uncle was the pilot assigned to "Murder Inc" and was killed that day flying "Aristocrap" over Bremen Germany. Here is a link to the narrative I have on my website that includes your grandfather's account of what happened on November 26, 1943.

Mr. Castle? I have been just now been reading letters between you and my grandfather! And the short articles in the Air Force Times. So neat!

Mr. Castle? I have been just now been reading letters between you and my grandfather! And the short articles in the Air Force Times. So neat!
Oh I found that article with the picture of Lt. Castle during my research. Thank you for the link.

If somebody writes "murder inc" on his plane then they apparently think it's fun to murder. Stop making excuses like "Oh, they just liked the movie". Imagine a German bomber with the inscription "Mörder GmbH" getting shot down during the Battle Of Britain. There is no difference here.

If somebody writes "murder inc" on his plane then they apparently think it's fun to murder. Stop making excuses like "Oh, they just liked the movie". Imagine a German bomber with the inscription "Mörder GmbH" getting shot down during the Battle Of Britain. There is no difference here.
you've made your point , please stop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back