Brand new FW-190 A8/N (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't know if you guys know about the company Flug Werk GmBH, but they have built a brand new FW-190 A8/N, and they can make these to order for those who can afford them. They also can make the P-51/T-51 and do restoration work. These aircraft are built from original blue prints and are built utilizing current technology. Flug Werk GmbH Germany Check it out. Being a big fan of the FW-190, I like the idea of some day being able to own one. Argument of original versus current production model... I'd go with something with current technology built into it (yeah, it's not like one can go out and just find an original FW-190 for sale that is airworthy). I guess one can liken this group to the dynacorn guys who are into making reproduction chassis of the 68/69 Camaro with modern technology. It's great to be living in the present!

and I'd probably want a squadron of P-51's to face-off against your 190's, Wurger.

Wurger, then, after we've shot down each other's remaining planes, you and me would have an air-to-air duel, preferably over Berlin! Who would win?

I can not remember what the exact figure was. I sent an email to the company and I believe it was 500,000 Euros for a basic kit.

actually their designation of their a/c is stupid really........ A-8/N

the N was used for Neptun FuG 217 and 218 fitted on 190's in JG 300 and NJGr 10 during 43 and early 44.

well just thought I would throw in a rash comment as it is turning out to be quite a day ......
wink_ugly.gif

500K for an FW-190?! That's not a bad price. I guess that doesn't include the engine. Still, sounds like you could get in one, brand new, for under a million. When you're getting 60 year old P51s for 1-2 million, that looks pretty good.

500K for an FW-190?! That's not a bad price. I guess that doesn't include the engine. Still, sounds like you could get in one, brand new, for under a million. When you're getting 60 year old P51s for 1-2 million, that looks pretty good.

If I recall and I could be wrong because I emailed them back in 2005 and dont have the response anymore but the 500K is Euro which aprox 657K in US Dollars at the moment.

The 500K was just a basic kit and you had to put it together yourself and I dont think it included the engine.

That's still pretty good. But strictly from a indealistic perspective. I don't think I'd trust anything I put together to fly in.

Even my balsawood jobbies when I was a kid were suicide barrels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back