Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Carrier Service Unit Number One (CASU 1)

Post Thanks / Like

casu 47

LOOKING FOR MEMBERS OF CASU 47 THAT WERE ON SAIPAN IN 1945-46. ORDINANCE OR OTHERWISE. WOULD SHARE OLD THOUGHTS AND MEMORIES.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello my father was in CASU 40, On Bouganville, Paua New Guinea,Fiji.I was Looking thru his scrapbook today and seen CASU 40 written at the top of one page.I have quite a few pictures.I just need to scan them to my computer,and I'm new to this site.I myself am researching my father's war history.He passed in '91,and I just finally got my first computer to research with. sincerely , - tmixjr68@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My dad was in CASU 40, 1943- Bougainville,Solomon Islands.

Post Thanks / Like

CASU 34

My father was with CASU 34: Kwajalien and Eniwetok/Parry air bases from March of 1944 for the duration. Any info/guidance/pix would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone ever seen a CASU 34 insignia patch???

Post Thanks / Like
    J. Rehling. I may be able to help you. My father was an aviation machinist assigned to CASU 1 and CASU 2. I have a number of photos and three group photos (2 with aircraft). My father arrived at Ford Island in 1942 with CASU 1 and was reassigned in 1943 to CASU 2 at Barber's Point. He returned to the states in July 1944 and taught at the Naval Air Training Center in Illinois until September 1945. I have his service log and diary as well. I am happy to help you in any way I can.

John R. Hughes
    Son of R. Frank Hughes
    USNR ACMM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Signor View Post
    Hello I am looking for the WW2 era emblems in photos for CASU-1,2, etc any that were WW2. If you have any that can be e mailed to me Please contact me, thank you Very Much!!!
    WeBeEmblems@aol.com

Have recently found design for CASU-1 but still need 2,and a good close up of CASU-31 I have a small color example but it is not very good on the details,I have examples of CASU's 1,3,12,16,21,24,31,32,36,55,65,66
    any other CASU"s scans of them greatly appreciatted !!!!!
    I was in 31 for a year (1945) and casu 2 for a few days and don't remember any emblems for them web brown

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked in the radar shop in CASU 31 from 12/44 to 1/46 but don't remember many of the guys. Went on to teach radar at NATTC, Corpus Christi until 5/47. Web Brown

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got on this site tonite. I was in the radar shop at Hilo from 12/44 to 1/46 ART 1/C. I have 2 pictures, 1 of a group in front of an F6 and another in front of a F4U. A few years ago some people from San Diego were having reunions but too many people finally couldn't make them so they stopped having them. I don't have a roster.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got on thiss site tonite, 5/10/11. I worked in the radar shop at Hilo from 12/44 to 1/46 (ART1/C). I heard about the reunions several years ago but they finally gave up because too many people couldn't get there. Phyllis Terzich is still alive, I believe. I corresponded with Bobby Deyoung for several years but he also has passed. Web Brown

Post Thanks / Like

CASU 31

It has been quite a while since I have visited this site.......there is a lot more information and posts made since my last visit. As I said before, my father, R. W. Sanders served in CASU 31 in Hilo and is still living in Oceanside, Calif. (San Diego area) Web, does Phyllis Terzich live in the San Diego area?? Is she the spouse of one of the men that served in CASU 31?? Do you have contact information for her?? If any one has information or comments about CASU 31 I would like to pass them on to my dad......please e-mail me at sandles-temek@msn.com I may be able to find some of the pictures that he has. I would have to figure out how to scan them and post them. I have shown this site to him and he is interested in any information or comments. I may be able to get him to add some of his own recollections of CASU 31.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by RWSANDERS; 06-13-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you still see this thread 607wimb. My dad served with CASU-47 at Marpi Point and Kobler Field.He was a line officer working on the Aircraft for the USS Boxer and USS Antietem. I have pictures and he recalls a couple of names.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi fd brunner. I too am looking for info about CASU 11. My father William (Billie) David Baker served in CASU 11. Deceased 7-7-45 off Uku Shima. 2 PBY's were sub-chasing and a sub shot one down. Pilot of surviving PBY was "Ozzie." My father was a radioman, but was carried as a "passenger" on this flight. Don't know if I am right in assuming that designation meant he wasn't crew.

If you hear of anything would you kindly let me know? I will share with you if I get a response. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 607wimb View Post
    LOOKING FOR MEMBERS OF CASU 47 THAT WERE ON SAIPAN IN 1945-46. ORDINANCE OR OTHERWISE. WOULD SHARE OLD THOUGHTS AND MEMORIES.
    My dad was a member of CASU 47 at Marpi Point during that time (also a member of CASU 5 & 51). Robert W Jones Aviation Machinist's Mate H Second Class. He passed away in '93 always Navy

Post Thanks / Like
    My late dad, Vern Barthel CY, was also in CASU 40 during WWII. His records show he departed Alameda, CA in March 1944 for the South Pacific and I believe was there till end of war. He has photos from what appears to be a tropical island but do not know it's name. Aircraft loss records show CASU 40 lost aircraft from Espirito Santo but don't know if CASU 40 was stationed there. Do you have any insight?

Post Thanks / Like
    CASU-40 locations:

1/4/1944 Established NAS Alameda
    1/25/1944 Enroute to Russell Islands
    3/14/1944 Russell Islands
    4/25/1944 Torokina Bougainville
    5/2/1944 Efate
    8/15/1944 Espiritu Santo
    4/21/1945 Enroute To West Coast
    6/23/1944 NAS Port Hueneme
    hmmm ... I wonder what this switch does ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast