Flying to N.Y.C. to see my friend Joe! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
Hello,

a friend of mine has a cousine at Florida and she aplied him and me to the lottery for flight tickets to N.Y.C. No luck for my friend but I won it! He told me about this lottery 3 months ago. Few weeks ago I was contacted by Czech travel agency and was told that the flight tickets is mine!

So now I got a chance to see my old good friend 'Jersey Joe' (from my siggy) again! He wanted to come to see us last year during the commemoration but his shape didn´t allow him to do so. Someone in the heaven now helped me to see Joe again...as I have never won anything in a lottery...

That friend of mine already bought a flight ticket as well...

Arrival to N.Y.C. - Oct 6
N.Y.C. departure - Oct 13

Something about Joe:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/av...joe-owsianik-meeting-after-63-years-9298.html

Glad to hear its final Roman! My dad says you and anyone else are welcome over for beer......just shout! Plus South Plainfield is 15-20 minutes!

Roman, Harrison told me about this a few weeks ago and if you have time, I was thinking we could all get together to meet and share a few drinks one night. I believe Toughombre and myself could definately make it. Maybe B-17 has a few suggestions as to where we could see each other. I would love to shake hands with you and welcome you to the Good 'Ole US of A!!!

Glad to hear its final Roman! My dad says you and anyone else are welcome over for beer......just shout! Plus South Plainfield is 15-20 minutes!

Roman, Harrison told me about this a few weeks ago and if you have time, I was thinking we could all get together to meet and share a few drinks one night. I believe Toughombre and myself could definately make it. Maybe B-17 has a few suggestions as to where we could see each other. I would love to shake hands with you and welcome you to the Good 'Ole US of A!!!

Harry and Chris!

Only 1 week there so it´s gonna be pretty hectic all, but I´d love to meet you too! Let´s stay in touch and I´m sure we will find the time for a beer or 2 8)
Guys, where´s the New Jersey Devills ice hockey stadium? How far away from South Plainfield? I´m thinking of attending some match to see Patrik Elias and Martin Skoula playin...as in 2006 I was at Madison square garden to see Jaromir Jagr and his Czech gang so now I´d like to see something else...
That could be the game:
Sat Oct 9, 2010 Devils vs Capitals, 7:00 PM

O.K. Only Patrik Elias. Martin Skoula just signed KHL. But Elias is more than enough for me.

Last edited:
Way to go, Roman...glad to see you finally getting your trip set up.

And see? I told ya' the guys would want to get together with ya'! I just wish I was a couple thousand miles closer so I could join in on the fun!

Yep David, you were right. I believe we will get the chance to see each other yet. I WANT visit USA in 4 or 5 years again as soon as my 2 and half yo daughter gets a bit older. San Antonio, TX, Denver Colorado and Las Vegas, Nevada is in my schedule. All of my friends there are the relatives of 'our' US WW2 flyboys and already visited us. So I gotta save some bucks before.

Hi Roman,

The Devil's stadium is probably about 45minutes to an hour away from South Plainfield.

Disregard this I'm just typing how to get there so I can think.

287 North then take 78 east until Millburn. Take exit ramp onto the Turnpike or Parkway (both run North and South) and then take route 3.

So yea about an hour. Since I live 15 minutes north of where you will be and I'm 45 minutes away.

Congrats Roman! Won a lottery for one week in NYC, pretty cool. I heard about that lottery. Second prize was one week in NYC. First prize was two weeks in NYC! (Old Joke, but I couldn't help myself).

Sounds like you'll be in North Jersey. Some decent places up there. No doubt Jersey Joe knows them all. Try to get to Hoboken, neat little town. One mile square and some very good food up there (and drink).

Will miss it but I hope you have a good one!

Thank you all! As fo the lottery- the price wasn´t one week in N.Y.C. I just won a return flight ticket. But that´s enough for me as Joe lives some 30 miles away from JFK and his grandson Nic in Brooklyn.
And I eat just beer (no US Bud) and sleep in the bars8)

Hi Roman,

The Devil's stadium is probably about 45minutes to an hour away from South Plainfield.

Disregard this I'm just typing how to get there so I can think.

287 North then take 78 east until Millburn. Take exit ramp onto the Turnpike or Parkway (both run North and South) and then take route 3.

So yea about an hour. Since I live 15 minutes north of where you will be and I'm 45 minutes away.

Thank you Harry!

Hey Roman what a fantastic prize, you must be quite excited. Already I know those New Yorkers are going to give you a good stay. Good on ya mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back