What is the correct color to RLM83 ??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucke.stz

Senior Airman
Apr 21, 2008
Brazil
www.spruemaster.com
I´m chossing the colors to my Me-262 on my little diorama, and found a trouble:

What is the correct color to RLM 83 ?

From Aeromaster Paints it looks like this:

RLM83.jpg

DSC08277.jpg

On Vallejo Catalog it looks like this: (I think that is tha same to Tamiya XF-27
Vallejo-892.gif

Here I found three types of RLM83:

RLM Colors

LuftwaffeBasicCamoColors.jpg

What could be the correct color ???

Thanks you !

Last edited:
the aero master looks more like rlm82 to light i think... the Tamiya XF-27 looks oke , gunze mrhobby h423 rlm83 darkgreen i would go for.
piet

No idea what RLM colour Aeromaster think they are doing, even allowing for monitor settings etc. RLM 83 should be a dark green, the nearest of the ones you've posted is the Opt.Ver.3 on your colour chart.
I use Xtracrylics and WEM colourcoats both of whom do excellent RLM colours out of the tin/bottle.
Cheers
Steve

The RLM82 and RLM83 are confused very often. That's way there are different sampleas of these. The RLM82 was the lightest green colour for the LW camo schemes. Its FS number should be FS34138 and looks like in the first sample above.The RLM83 was dark green colour of olive tonality.The RLM 83 was the first applied paint of a camo pattern.Then the RLM82 and RLM81 spots were added.The FS number for the RLM83 should be FS34096,FS34083.

Attachments

• RLM82_FS34138.jpg
    RLM82_FS34138.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 335
  • RLM83_FS34083.jpg
    RLM83_FS34083.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 355
  • RLM83_FS34096.jpg
    RLM83_FS34096.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 297
The RLM 83 was the first applied paint of a camo pattern.Then the RLM82 and RLM81 spots were added.

Really? In looking at the profiles of KG 51 birds, it seems a lighter colour is applied on the fuselage (presumably 82) and then darker (presumably 83) applied in patches or squiggles over it.

Wow! my laptop monitor doesn't do bright greens so well,both the aeromaster and Wurger's posted RLM 82 look way too bright and light compared to my chips!!.
Wurger's RLM 83 looks about correct though,so you should be okay with that.The foibles of colour reproduction.
Steve

Really? In looking at the profiles of KG 51 birds, it seems a lighter colour is applied on the fuselage (presumably 82) and then darker (presumably 83) applied in patches or squiggles over it.

According to my knowledge the RLM 83 was the first colour very often.But it deasn't mean it was the rule.The RLM82 was applied as lamina coats on a dark backgriund mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back